The Student Room Group

Birmingham dentistry applications for 2015

This thread is for people who have applied to study dentistry at UoBirmingham this year (2014) for entry in (2015). Has anybody heard anything?

Scroll to see replies

I haven't heard anything yet but according to their website interviews for dentistry are only conducted in mid-February so I'm guessing we won't start hearing until end of December/January!
Reply 2
Yeah cool, i saw that on their website i thought i should start a thread from bham applicants anyway as there is a medicine one and it seems quite useful so nearer the time maybe all us bham applicants can discuss aswell :smile:
Reply 3
they sent me an email saying "Your application has been reviewed by the Admissions Team and has now been referred to the Admissions Tutor for further consideration."
but looks like we wont be hearing back for interviews untill ages
when did you receive the email and what are your stats like?:smile:
Reply 5
Whos got interviews
Reply 6
I've got an interview 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
congrats!! when is your interview?
Reply 8
Original post by Mr Kidd
congrats!! when is your interview?

They haven't allocated them yet
So it's anytime in the week beginning the 16th of Feb :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
oh rite, thats quite a lot of notice then!!!
what were your stats if you dont mind me asking?
I've got an interview :smile:
Reply 11
If I haven't heard back from Birmingham by letter yet, does that mean it's a rejection??
Reply 12
Original post by ahmed15
If I haven't heard back from Birmingham by letter yet, does that mean it's a rejection??

Last week they said they sent th final batch of interviews on wednesday, and i recieved a letter on saturday however post could be delayed due to xmas rush, so if u havent recieved it doesnt necessarily mean rejection...all the best bro!
Reply 13
Original post by HPDentist
Last week they said they sent th final batch of interviews on wednesday, and i recieved a letter on saturday however post could be delayed due to xmas rush, so if u havent recieved it doesnt necessarily mean rejection...all the best bro!

Thanks man.. I'm just hoping for the best!!
Bit of advice...

I know the exact content of the B'Ham MMI interviews for the last cycle, however I don't feel it is appropriate to give others advantages as I think MMI's should be testing, to some extent, innate skills. What I will say for general help is that it is important you can show:

1. An understanding of important organisations in dentistry
2. An understanding of empathy
3. An ability to formulate a balanced argument
4. Clear communication skills
5. Manual dexterity

PS - please no PM's - I will not discuss specific questions as this is against TSR's rules and undermines the integrity of the admissions process.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by BrainFart
I know the exact content of the B'Ham MMI interviews for the last cycle, however I don't feel it is appropriate to give others advantages as I think MMI's should be testing, to some extent, innate skills

PS - please no PM's - I will not discuss specific questions as this is against TSR's rules and undermines the integrity of the admissions process.

"I have an advantage but I don't feel it is appropriate to give others this advantage as well" good **** right here pal you'll really fit in here ahaha
Original post by Lash
"I have an advantage but I don't feel it is appropriate to give others this advantage as well" good **** right here pal you'll really fit in here ahaha

When I was in the application cycle I did not possess prior knowledge of interview content. I no longer have an advantage, I'm a student, I don't need to know interview content, it isn't an advantage for me. I'm guessing you failed to get in in the last cycle, well with an attitude like yours that doesn't surprise me. Go away.
(edited 9 years ago)
I was talking to someone today who has an offer from Birmingham for dentistry who didn't have to attend an interview... Is that common? I was really shocked by it because I'm applying for medicine and that wouldn't really happen bar Edinburgh and as dentistry + medicine are basically 2 sides of the same coin I would have thought interview was essentially mandatory.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was fairly sure every offer is given after an interview is completed. Competition is far too high for them to give out an offer without having first interviewed them. Sounds dodgy.
Reply 19
Anyone heard back from Birmingham after you sent the reply slip for the interview?

Quick Reply

Latest