Illest
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey im new to the forum so if this is posted in the wrong place I apologise.

Anyway since returning to university from my placement year I am now in the process of my final year and that means dissertation time!

I really am stressing about this so much that I feel like ive been hit in the face by a brick. Its now week 5 of the 1st semester and im still nowhere near finding a topic or a supervisor.

I have had a couple of ideas but none seem "fit to a university standard" or "its been done loads why bother?" (quotes from actual tutors)

Anyway I was wondering if anyone could help me come up with a topic to do. I currently am a Digital Forensic Investigation student and my interest are mainly computer support and fixing problems.

So any ideas would be appreciated.
Liv1204
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It sounds really obvious, but one thing I'm doing to narrow down and find a specific research question for my MSc diss is to look at some relatively recent papers that we've read (or that I've just found looking up topics that interest me) and looking at their discussion sections, the limitations and any suggestions for future research questions in there.
Illest
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thank you Liv for your reply I will have to have a look. I have tried looking for Support or help desk dissertations but I couldn't really find anything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (226)
61.08%
No (77)
20.81%
Not sure (67)
18.11%

Watched Threads