The Student Room Group

Flatmates are best friends. Feel like a third wheel all the time

I'm really quite upset about this situation. Moved in with a couple of other girls a few months ago and so far have felt totally left out. Although I get on well with both of them as individuals and they are both nice people, when they're together they're super close. To the point that they will hug each other every time they meet. They just bounce off one another, and laugh CONTINUOUSLY.

But neither of them are like this with me. I mean we're friends but we're not THAT close. So when all three of us are together I just feel like a third wheel: they hardly talk to me because all they're interested in is each other, I may as well not be in the room!

Although this may sound like jealousy on my part, I can assure you it isn't. I would be fine with them being best friends if they actually made an effort to include me... but so far they haven't. Its effecting my mental wellbeing- for several weeks now I've locked myself away in my bedroom at night because I just don't want to sit in the living room with them feeling miserable and unwanted.

Really at a loss of what to do here- I can't move out as its a one year lease and I don't want to tell them for the fear of it sounding really stupid or petty. Don't fancy falling out with them either. What can I do?
Tell them. Maybe they don't realise what they're doing?
Grow up and get over it. petty jealously is unattractive. Stop being antisocial.

Right now you feel unwanted. If you keep acting like a baby you WILL be unwanted.
Dude, I know it must be hard to go through, but cheer up :3 you can make your own best friends elsewhere~

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending