Shannonleah
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey,

I want to study Biology or a course related to Biology and Bath Spa offer Biology and English Literature as a joint honours (I love English Lit too).

The only issue is that I was a little disenchanted with their facilities for Biology at the open day. It just didn't impress me that much. There was only a little room in the back with some equipment and two kind of basic labs. It seemed kind of disorganised.

I hope that doesn't sound snobbish, it's just that I want to go on to do a PhD eventually in Biology or the biosciences and I need to choose the best university for Biology that I can get in to.

Any opinions? Has anyone here studied Biology at Bath Spa?
fiotwerty
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
bump!!!
Octohedral
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I haven't studied there, but a close relative works in the English department.

To be honest, I had no idea they did Biology. It's good for English, but in general it's not really a 'science' university. Someone else may correct me.
rosie111
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anyone else know more about this? Curious myself!
BiologyBathSpa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Very old thread I know, but as Head of Biology at Bath Spa University I have to say that the science here is as good as anywhere! I am not sure what the original poster had seen but we have four labs here, two of which have been refurbished/rebuilt in the last year or so. I'm sorry that the impression given was not representative of what we do here.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (66)
17.6%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (107)
28.53%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (142)
37.87%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
12.8%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (12)
3.2%

Watched Threads