Easy home work out routine Watch

miavdbt
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

I was at my perfect weight earlier this year (Jan) but then I got a boyfriend, and date nights became common and so did complacency so long story short now I'm not. This realization came in the fitting room, when I realized the little bit of weight I put on is actually a lot. Anyway, I need to lose it.
The boyfriend doesn't live here, so no more date nights and way more cooking healthy meals at home. I live near a forest right now, so I frequently go walking there and I'm thinking about starting a jogging routine (to try and build up my fitness a little more).
I don't have a gym membership or any fitness tools other than a yoga mat. Can you guys advise me on some easy beginner work out routines I can do at home? I know planking is good for you, but that's not much of a routine. It's more about toning than losing weight. I know the healthy eating itself will help me lose that (as it did in the past) but I'm looking to tone my body a little more.

Thanks!
German123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It is always good to keep fit.
e aí rapaz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No good routine is "easy".
LavenderBlueSky88
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If it's easy you're doing it wrong. You won't get toned unless you lose weight and increase muscle. Seeing as you have no equipment it'll have to be bodyweight exercises for now. Just keep up with cardio and look up a bodyweight exercise routine online, or maybe something like pilates if you're interested.
BKS
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For the jogging look up couch to 5k, but if you keep it easy you'll never make any progress. If looking good were easy don't you think we'd all look awesome all the time?

Eating healthy won't make you loose weight, eating less calories than you burn will. Eating healthy can make their easier, less bad fats and sugar, more low calorie high fibre filling foods. But don't think just because you cook it at home it will be fine.

Toning isn't a thing, the look of being toned will be more muscle than you currently have and less fat. Most women significantly under estimate the amount of muscle required to look toned.
miavdbt
Rep:
?
(Original post by BKS)
For the jogging look up couch to 5k, but if you keep it easy you'll never make any progress. If looking good were easy don't you think we'd all look awesome all the time?

Eating healthy won't make you loose weight, eating less calories than you burn will. Eating healthy can make their easier, less bad fats and sugar, more low calorie high fibre filling foods. But don't think just because you cook it at home it will be fine.

Toning isn't a thing, the look of being toned will be more muscle than you currently have and less fat. Most women significantly under estimate the amount of muscle required to look toned.
Thanks! Just checked out the Couch to 5 K and it looks really good I've always been scared of jogging but this seems to be perfect for someone like me. I know you can't keep it easy (working out), but at the same time my fitness level is very low so I have to start easy and then progress.

I know eating healthy itself wouldn't make me lose weight, but I don't tend to eat that often when I'm by myself (I forget to) and when I do it's normally very healthy since I make most things from scratch and cook with loads of veggies ^__^.
miavdbt
Rep:
?
(Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
If it's easy you're doing it wrong. You won't get toned unless you lose weight and increase muscle. Seeing as you have no equipment it'll have to be bodyweight exercises for now. Just keep up with cardio and look up a bodyweight exercise routine online, or maybe something like pilates if you're interested.
Thank you! This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for

I'd like to start out with easier types of exercises since my fitness level is low, and I think even the easiest routines out there will be strenuous to me at this stage.
GregoryWood
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes, no exercise is easy, the thing is that you are doing in a wrong way. There are few exercise that you can apply at your home such as knee fold exercise, pushups, trade mill etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (72)
7.74%
I used to but I don't now (26)
2.8%
No, but I want to start (347)
37.31%
No, I am unable to (234)
25.16%
No, I chose not to (251)
26.99%