Do You Like Electronic Music?

Watch
BreakingBadx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
It's become really popular these days, and I've tried but I just can't like it

Anyone here who does appreciate it? Am I listening to the wrong electronic music? lol
lauzy00
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I love it.
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by BreakingBadx)

Anyone here who does appreciate it? Am I listening to the wrong electronic music? lol
Bit of a broad definition. I like some. I dislike others.
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
EDM or just any electronic music?

This is a pretty calm tune
BreakingBadx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
Bit of a broad definition. I like some. I dislike others.
(Original post by Ruthless Dutchman)
x
Stuff like Autechre, Boards of Canada, the things the hipsters I know listen to. I dunno exactly what bracket they fall under

Thanks, that Netsky song is good Any similiar artists you'd recommend?
wtfamidoing
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mZsH7Zbeq-4
iamu
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
2 Bears, Kygo and Above and Beyond
Another
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Same here OP, I just don't see the appeal.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Stuff like Autechre, Boards of Canada, the things the hipsters I know listen to. I dunno exactly what bracket they fall under

Thanks, that Netsky song is good Any similiar artists you'd recommend?
This is a long looking list but I actually had to cut it in half once I noticed there were waaay too many, but let me know which ones you like from this list

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show
TheNacho63
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If there is any type of electronic music you will like then its Progressive House, melodic and often quite poppy with some great vocals. If you use spotify check out my playlist you might like it but don't like it because of the hype

Progressive Pop

There is also House (so many types), DnB, Trance, I'm sure there is something you can find to enjoy. Personally Trance is my favourite genre of music along side Prog House.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

I have an encyclopaedic knowledge of electronic music; what is it you're looking for, exactly?
Kaiju
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Autechre, Boards of Canada, The Flashbulb, Squarepusher and uZiq all come under the (awfully named) IDM subgenre.

They also tend to hold a steep barrier to entry and they're the type of thing you either love or don't see the point in.

Electronic music is a massively unspecific term to use, though - electronic covers anything from your general brostep tracks to classic house, electro swing, glitch hop and e everything in between.

If you enjoyed Netsky you'll probably enjoy many of the poppier drum n bass tracks and possibly liquid DnB.

DnB Chart favourites in the last year that you might like/recognize could be Rudimental, Nero and Chase & Status, although the latter two tend to have harsher-sounding songs that fit better to live gig settings.
Powpowpowpowpow
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've listened to a little but it's not for me. Sounds too harsh and repetitive most of the time. I don't like repeating sounds or patterns in music, I like it to be totally different and varied from second to second.
BreakingBadx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ruthless Dutchman)
This is a long looking list but I actually had to cut it in half once I noticed there were waaay too many, but let me know which ones you like from this list

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show
Thanks so much, man! + repped

Here are my favourites from the above:

-That Shooting Stars one (the first one) was amazing
-Love Don't Stop too, remember it from when I was younger! And Rather Be was my favourite song of the summer :yep:
-Electronic Lover was pretty cool. I like songs with lyrics lol
-Midnight City is amazing (it's the theme song from MIC haha)

I don't know which sub-genres those fall under (I barely know anything about music), but any further recommendations would be awesome thanks
BreakingBadx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Profesh)
I have an encyclopaedic knowledge of electronic music; what is it you're looking for, exactly?
Thanks I don't exactly know, sorry... Just something that's considered electronic but that I still like? I liked some of the songs Ruthless Dutchman posted above (see my post) if that's any help

I don't like things that sound like a random collection of beats put together (like what Autechre etc. seem to put out). I like things like this:

BreakingBadx
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheNacho63)
If there is any type of electronic music you will like then its Progressive House, melodic and often quite poppy with some great vocals. If you use spotify check out my playlist you might like it but don't like it because of the hype

Progressive Pop

There is also House (so many types), DnB, Trance, I'm sure there is something you can find to enjoy. Personally Trance is my favourite genre of music along side Prog House.
Thanks, I'm on Spotify so I'll give that a check Trance is really good, yeah :yep:
BreakingBadx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kaiju)
Autechre, Boards of Canada, The Flashbulb, Squarepusher and uZiq all come under the (awfully named) IDM subgenre.

They also tend to hold a steep barrier to entry and they're the type of thing you either love or don't see the point in.

Electronic music is a massively unspecific term to use, though - electronic covers anything from your general brostep tracks to classic house, electro swing, glitch hop and e everything in between.

If you enjoyed Netsky you'll probably enjoy many of the poppier drum n bass tracks and possibly liquid DnB.

DnB Chart favourites in the last year that you might like/recognize could be Rudimental, Nero and Chase & Status, although the latter two tend to have harsher-sounding songs that fit better to live gig settings.
Yeah, I've tried but I can only like a couple of their songs (at best :lol:)

Love Rudimental & Nero, Chase & Status not so much Any others you'd recommend? Thanks
interstitial
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
huge electronic fan checking in :cool: personally i'm more of a fan of chilled or darker stuff (j kenzo, kaiju, afx, xxyyxx)

if you post a link to some stuff you like, i'll try and recommend some similar stuff
BreakingBadx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Powpowpowpowpow)
I've listened to a little but it's not for me. Sounds too harsh and repetitive most of the time. I don't like repeating sounds or patterns in music, I like it to be totally different and varied from second to second.
Yeah, the stuff I've listened to at least mostly isn't for me

What kind of music do you like? Post vids here if you like
BreakingBadx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Arithmeticae)
huge electronic fan checking in :cool:

if you post a link to some stuff you like, i'll try and recommend some similar stuff
Sweet, thanks

I like Take Over Control by Afrojack (posted a link in my reply to Profesh above - sorry, TSR is only allowing me to post one video per post for some reason! :eek:). Nero's "Promises" and "Me & You" are great too. And Madeon's "Finale" if that counts as electronic? Also, these ones from the ones Ruthless Dutchman posted:

-That Shooting Stars one (the first one) was amazing
-Love Don't Stop too, remember it from when I was younger! And Rather Be was my favourite song of the summer Image
-Electronic Lover was pretty cool. I like songs with lyrics lol
-Midnight City is amazing (it's the theme song from MIC haha)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (8)
12.31%
I need help researching courses (5)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
4.62%
I need help with my personal statement (28)
43.08%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (16)
24.62%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.08%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
4.62%

Watched Threads