Head over heels-Advice?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So, the thing is, I met this girl about a month ago, when I started at university, and, well, I like her. I mean, I really like her. Not only is she just attractive, but she's funny, she's smart, and I can actually talk to her and do just get on really well with her, unlike with most girls I've met before. In fact, I'd say that I may actually be in love... Or at least, this is the closest I've ever felt to really being in love with somebody...

But, the thing is, I'm fairly convinced that she really just doesn't feel the same way about me. Like, at all. We're quite good friends, I think, but she has said on several occasions that she does just see me as a friend/almost a brother etc etc. She seems to be very interested in this other guy she's met, with whom I think she actually has hit it off, and although I've been tempted several times to tell her how I feel, I actually really don't want to, because it is much more important to me that I keep her as a friend rather than throw an amazing friendship away on the unlikely chance that she'd get with me. Maybe I'm just being a chicken, but it has to make things a bit awkward doesn't it, if a friend one day just tells you their in love with you, when you had no idea etc? The last thing I want is to jeopardise our friendship.

So, I stay in the friendzone. It could be worse, I am happy to just remain her friend and remain close to her. And yet... whenever she talks about this guy she's with, or I bump into him, I feel so unbelieveably jealous, almost scarily so, and I am always a little sad that I will never be with this great person I've found.
Anyway, after this mad list of my various problems, we actually get to my Big Question, though to be fair, it's not exactly an easy one... I have fallen in love, how exactly am I supposed to go about falling out of love again? Nothing is going to happen, I want her to be happy and above all I want to keep her as a friend, but at the same time, ahhh, I cant stop thinking about her. I really hate it. How am I supposed to move on/stop being so irrational?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Can anyone offer any advice then? Anyone been in a similar situation?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.73%
I'm not sure (16)
3.57%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (151)
33.71%
I have already dropped out (8)
1.79%
I'm not a current university student (207)
46.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed