maggiehodgson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
My workings on question 11 look horrendous. I must be barking up the wrong tree. I haven't continued with the projectile bit because it all looks so clumsy.

Question and my workings are below. Can you please point out what I have obviously forgotten to take account of.
Attached files
TeeEm
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by maggiehodgson)
My workings on question 11 look horrendous. I must be barking up the wrong tree. I haven't continued with the projectile bit because it all looks so clumsy.

Question and my workings are below. Can you please point out what I have obviously forgotten to take account of.
I am very tired at present and I did not follow your workings but I got:

v2=3g(root3 - 1) on release.

then projectile motion at an angle of elevation 30 with vertical component 1/2v "up"

find time by the time the vertical displacement is -[0.6 + (3 - 3cos30)]

then use this time in horizontal and do not forget to add 3sin30 = 1.5
maggiehodgson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by TeeEm)
I am very tired at present and I did not follow your workings but I got:

v2=3g(root3 - 1) on release.

then projectile motion at an angle of elevation 30 with vertical component 1/2v "up"

find time by the time the vertical displacement is -[0.6 + (3 - 3cos30)]

then use this time in horizontal and do not forget to add 3sin30 = 1.5

OK. So we both got the same value for v^2, That suits me. I dare now to carry on. My work for would have been the same as yours but it looked complicated I thought the numbers should have been simpler.

Thanks. Now you get some sleep and when I've done this question, so will I be able to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.65%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (28)
16.47%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (27)
15.88%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (46)
27.06%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (32)
18.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed