What is says up there ^^^
Izzyyyyy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by HeavisideDelts)
Lol you're wasting your life mate
Haha yeah I get you, I know it's a lot of studying but it's what I have always wanted to do so I'm prepared to spend the many many years working
Izzyyyyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by HeavisideDelts)
Yeah but it wont get you anywhere
I would say that getting to help people every day is "getting somewhere"
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
He's a troll ignore him.

I saw you said you'd work your GCSEs after seeing other people regretting not, good plan

What are you studying now? And what A Levels do you plan to take?
Izzyyyyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
He's a troll ignore him.

I saw you said you'd work your GCSEs after seeing other people regretting not, good plan

What are you studying now? And what A Levels do you plan to take?
Haha yeah I don't want that to be me later on :0 I am studying all the conpulsary subjects (sciences, maths, english, rs, ICT) and for my options I chose geography, latin, french and photography they are all going fine, french is a bit of a nightmare though I am thinking of studying Maths, Biology and Chemistry but still undecided on the last one, maybe english lit or psychology or physics im not sure.

And I am new to this so trust me to reply again and again ������
L'Evil Fish
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Izzyyyyy)
Haha yeah I don't want that to be me later on :0 I am studying all the conpulsary subjects (sciences, maths, english, rs, ICT) and for my options I chose geography, latin, french and photography they are all going fine, french is a bit of a nightmare though I am thinking of studying Maths, Biology and Chemistry but still undecided on the last one, maybe english lit or psychology or physics im not sure.

I did all those GCSEs bar ICT and Latin. Photography was a nightmare... The examiner and I had a difference of opinion I suppose

French is so boring at GCSE. Even AS we meh, but it's great to have. I love languages. Is there anything in particular you find hard?

I'd recommend physics because it's fun, but you probably don't want the full science set in case you get bored
childofthesun
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
At what age did you know that you wanted to be a doctor?
Barbarian King
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

You should not have chosen Latin!!
It took up all my timeeee!

I could have obtained 5A*s and 5As had I chosen ICT instead >.<
OCR Latin is the hardest subject and the most difficult exam board!
interstitial
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
what's your favourite album of 2014?

what made you choose medicine, and do you have any backup options in case you don't get in?

have you met any famous people before?

if you could be any superpower, what would it be?

what would you change if you ruled the world for a day?

and now the million dollar question - marvel or dc? :holmes:
Izzyyyyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
I did all those GCSEs bar ICT and Latin. Photography was a nightmare... The examiner and I had a difference of opinion I suppose

French is so boring at GCSE. Even AS we meh, but it's great to have. I love languages. Is there anything in particular you find hard?

I'd recommend physics because it's fun, but you probably don't want the full science set in case you get bored
Yeah that's why I'm kind of trying to refrain from that I guess could always do geography, but then heard it's mainly physical and ew omg photography I used to be so so so bad but I kind of had a realisation when I got my report and was like I NEED TO WORK haha it's not really anything in particular in french, I get A*'s in the reading and listening papers but it's just coursework that I am struggling with. I can't write my own things! I wish the exams were worth a higher percentage haha
L'Evil Fish
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah that's why I'm kind of trying to refrain from that I guess could always do geography, but then heard it's mainly physical and ew omg photography I used to be so so so bad but I kind of had a realisation when I got my report and was like I NEED TO WORK haha it's not really anything in particular in french, I get A*'s in the reading and listening papers but it's just coursework that I am struggling with. I can't write my own things! I wish the exams were worth a higher percentage haha
Lol geography was the most dull thing ever, I ended up dropping it and swapping to biology which I hate which says a lot.

Ah that's fair enough. Noooo, writing and speaking are most important haha, I didn't do too well in my exams, but coursework meant I scraped my A*

Although I was really bad at GCSE French, AS was good though
Izzyyyyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by itsRochana)
At what age did you know that you wanted to be a doctor?
Not until around year 7 or 8, when I was really young I wanted to be a Forensic scientist haha I don't know how it happened really, I just got really interested in it and started researching and watching documentaries and stuff and volunteering and I just know it's what I want to do
Izzyyyyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Barbarian King)
You should not have chosen Latin!!
It took up all my timeeee!

I could have obtained 5A*s and 5As had I chosen ICT instead >.<
OCR Latin is the hardest subject and the most difficult exam board!
Oh I actually find it okay I do WJEC, and I don't find it too difficult, but OCR is probably different ^_^
inachigeek21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What are your interests?
What's your opinion on quantum mechanics and astrophysics?
Opinion on poetry?
Izzyyyyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ggmu!)
What will you do when you realise you either aren't smart enough for medicine or won't get into the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well if I don't get the grades I need (Coming from the school I go to, we got told that to make a competitive application we have to ignore criteria and realistically you won't get into medicine with less than 6 A*s at GCSE and 3 A's at ALEVEL) I will probably either go into research science or something but it will happen, as I am predicted 9/10 A*s at GCSE and hopefully I can do well at Alevel too, though I heard it's really difficult
Barbarian King
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh I actually find it okay I do WJEC, and I don't find it too difficult, but OCR is probably different ^_^
WJEC is a terrible exam board...
Why are you doing WJEC...
It's not even that respected...

OCR Latin is solid!
4 exams, revise 700 words for 1st 2 and learn loads of grammar
for second 2, altogether learn 150 lines of latin of 2 different stories, and also learn the english version...

Managed to get an A in the end but omg, it was so stressful.
L'Evil Fish
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
WJEC is a terrible exam board...
Why are you doing WJEC...
It's not even that respected...

OCR Latin is solid!
4 exams, revise 700 words for 1st 2 and learn loads of grammar
for second 2, altogether learn 150 lines of latin of 2 different stories, and also learn the english version...

Managed to get an A in the end but omg, it was so stressful.
Nothing wrong with wjec.
Barbarian King
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well if I don't get the grades I need (Coming from the school I go to, we got told that to make a competitive application we have to ignore criteria and realistically you won't get into medicine with less than 6 A*s at GCSE and 3 A's at ALEVEL) I will probably either go into research science or something but it will happen, as I am predicted 9/10 A*s at GCSE and hopefully I can do well at Alevel too, though I heard it's really difficult
BS, you dont even need 1 A* to get into Medicine.

Also if all your exam boards are WJEC, an A in AQA or Edexcel would always be better than an A in WJEC as AQA and Edexcel are more well known and prestigious.
childofthesun
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Not until around year 7 or 8, when I was really young I wanted to be a Forensic scientist haha I don't know how it happened really, I just got really interested in it and started researching and watching documentaries and stuff and volunteering and I just know it's what I want to do
Haha i wanted to be a forensic scientist too! Now I'm focused on Law.

Wish you all the best
teenhorrorstory
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
AQA is much harder!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1564259

In UCAS we also have to select which exam board we did!
Shut up please
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (288)
55.81%
I don't have everything I need (228)
44.19%

Watched Threads