Turn on thread page Beta

what do you do if you want to reject a girl? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Look, if you care that much about getting no negative feelings from them whatsoever, you only have three options: pretending your gay, faking your own death and going out with them. That's it.
    as for the 1st immoral, the second impossible, athe 3rd i didnt quite catch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maximusmak)
    as for the 1st immoral, the second impossible, athe 3rd i didnt quite catch
    1st is not immoral, 2nd is not impossible, 3rd is obvious. It's a matter of personal preference which you pick.

ReputationRep:
    like i said, tell him blantant, if he dont except it, then you'll know then if his a real GOOD mate or not. if he is he'll except friendship, if he doesnt he'l only want pussy, and your not cheap are you, so his not worth it
    Me cheap?! ha! not on your life buddy!.. so yeah, ill do that.

ReputationRep:
    Sigh. First ball. There are 10 balls in the bag. There is a one in 10 chance you will take out the number one ball. Second ball. There are 9 balls left. There is a 1 in 9 chance that you will take out the number two ball. Therefore the chance of you getting the number one ball, then the number 2 ball, is 1 in 10 x 9, or one in 90. Then for the third ball there are 8 balls left, so there is a one in 8 chance you will pic out number 3, and so on. So the probability of you picking out numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 then 10 in that order is 1 in 1 x 2 x 3 x 4 x 5 x 6 x 7 x 8 x 9 x 10, or 1 in 3,628,800. End.
    it dont go that way cuz its true what you say but you also have to multiply them being in order, the multiplication you done only counted the possiblity of taking 1 out at a time excluding order factor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Me cheap?! ha! not on your life buddy!.. so yeah, ill do that.
    hipe it works out, tell me how it came out, i might use that 1 if it was successful, dnt 4get.

ReputationRep:
    it dont go that way cuz its true what you say but you also have to multiply them being in order, the multiplication you done only counted the possiblity of taking 1 out at a time excluding order factor

What? If you take one ball out at a time, the probability of taking one ball out at a time is 1.
    Have I misunderstood?
    As far as I am concerned, Zapsta's calculation is correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hitchhiker_13)
    What? If you take one ball out at a time, the probability of taking one ball out at a time is 1.
    Have I misunderstood?
    As far as I am concerned, Zapsta's calculation is correct.
    if you studied maths, then you will know that it isnt

ReputationRep:
    Being in order - already accounted for. Taking out more than one at a time - probability is the same. Please tell us why you are in any position to know any different and how the calculation should instead be carried out.

ReputationRep:
    if you studied maths, then you will know that it isnt
    I do.

ReputationRep:
    wow, i totally do not do maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    wow, i totally do not do maths.
    Well to be honest, although I do AS maths, I only have S1 knowledge of statistics, but I think this is enough to do this problem.
    Zapsta's calculation seems right to me. It's certainly the way I would have done it.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. I think that the calculation's right. How come maximusmak doesn't think it's right?
    We learnt about all that sort of stuff in year 7.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piggysqueak)
    Yep. I think that the calculation's right. How come maximusmak doesn't think it's right?
    We learnt about all that sort of stuff in year 7.
    because a resonable resource told me otherwise

ReputationRep:
    maximusmak, would you agree that any one of 10 balls could be taken initially, and the 'correct' one has a one in ten chance of being chosen?

ReputationRep:
    because a resonable resource told me otherwise

What resource?
    Was it a maths teacher/ textbook?

ReputationRep:
    Okay, sorry, but I'm at GCSE standard, higher level, top set, bottom of class, and even I can tell that Zapsta's calculation is correct.

ReputationRep:
    What resource?
    What it a maths teacher/ textbook?
    Lol. I think he's referring to his prophet who also proclaims to know the meaning of life.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. I think he's referring to his prophet who also proclaims to know the meaning of life.

I thought as much, but he did say to me earlier when I said your calculation was right, "if you studied maths, then you will know that it isnt."

ReputationRep:
    I thought as much, but he did say to me earlier when I said your calculation was right, "if you studied maths, then you will know that it isnt."
    Yeah, I read that, I didn't get it. I'm doing my further maths a-level, I still think it's right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dreamer)
    maximusmak, would you agree that any one of 10 balls could be taken initially, and the 'correct' one has a one in ten chance of being chosen?
    yeah, corse i do

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.