The Student Room Group

Leaving my IT graduate job for an ALDI job

Thought I might as well join the narcissistic self-indulgent gravy train and start one of these threads.

Even though I have nothing of interest to say, and no one should really care what I have to say because I'm a complete nobody, AMA.

Scroll to see replies

God almighty, don't do it. The Aldi graduate scheme is a nightmare. A £41,000 starting salary in return for signing over your entire life sounds OK but there are no exit options, you will likely not earn a lot more than £41,000 ever.
Original post by scrotgrot
God almighty, don't do it. The Aldi graduate scheme is a nightmare. A £41,000 starting salary in return for signing over your entire life sounds OK but there are no exit options, you will likely not earn a lot more than £41,000 ever.

It's not a graduate scheme, it's a shelf stacking job. Sorry you wasted your time typing all that...
Original post by WeedCanKill
It's not a graduate scheme, it's a shelf stacking job. Sorry you wasted your time typing all that...

Oh OK lol
They still work you pretty hard - hope you're not expecting an easy ride.
Original post by Joinedup
They still work you pretty hard - hope you're not expecting an easy ride.

Meh I did it for 4 years whilst I was in upper sixth form/University so I think I'll be ok, thanks anyway
Original post by scrotgrot

Yeah I thought this would happen if you go into an Aldi grad scheme, better ways to make money and you can make more money than that anyway.

I like your swagyolo, but your 420 will be the death of you you hear?
Surprised nobody else has asked yet, but why?
What were you thinking?
Original post by silentshadows

Could be better pay :s-smilie:
Original post by zhang-liao
Could be better pay :s-smilie:

Really, shelf stacking paying more than a graduate job? Pretty surprising if that's the case :s-smilie:...
Really, shelf stacking paying more than a graduate job? Pretty surprising if that's the case :s-smilie:...

First thing which popped in my head
(edited 9 years ago)

Original post by pane123
What were you thinking?

Original post by zhang-liao
First thing which popped in my head

Why not? Also, I cant tell you've not graduated yet because graduate jobs pay about the same as a full tine ALDI job...
Original post by WeedCanKill
Why not? Also, I cant tell you've not graduated yet because graduate jobs pay about the same as a full tine ALDI job...

Then why do people kill to a get a graduate job if the pay in ALDI is the same...
Original post by elmosandy
Then why do people kill to a get a graduate job if the pay in ALDI is the same...

Better prospects of promotion than average retail jobs? - dunno about aldi non graduate path in particular, the chain seems to be expanding aggressively at the moment.

TSR periodically works itself collectively into a frenzy because the daily mail runs it's 'a binman in Birmingham made 40,000 with overtime' story again, but in 10 years time that binman will probably still be doing the exact same job. 10 years after starting your graduate scheme you'll either have left the company or moved up the payscale.
Reply 17
How much you get paid? And how does that compare with aldi pay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elmosandy

Better prospects, eventual pay rise...
You're all kids so listen to me. I've been there and done that, the pressure and expectations on graduate schemes are unreal. 14 hour days are pretty common. Just wait till you babies hit the real world.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending