The Student Room Group

How would i become a health psychologist under the NHS?

I don't which psychology course i'd apply for in Uni
because there's general psychology
but then sometimes in Uni's there's a specific course for a specific area of psychology
and then you do training
and I think there might be something else I need to do?

I'm not sure of what I need to do
and then are there any specific requirements for getting into the NHS?
I like the organisational structure of the NHS, and it has a good starting salary, i wouldn't want to work anywhere else
check out the nhs website for that info your in a similar postion to me.
The most important thing is to make sure the psychology degree you do is accredited by the British Psychological Society so that you are qualified to apply for an NHS job.
You would need an MSc I presume, in health psychology. I don't think you need doctorate level education for it.
Reply 5

I've seen this site before, but which part of the 'And' do I do, why are there three options?

And

Or

In order to use the title Health Psychologist, you will need to be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). This will involve completing Stage 2 of the Society's Qualification in Health Psychology or equivalent qualification that has been approved by the HCPC. Contact the HCPC for more information on the entry requirements for their register.

Thank you
Original post by JustBeing
I've seen this site before, but which part of the 'And' do I do, why are there three options?

And

Or

In order to use the title Health Psychologist, you will need to be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). This will involve completing Stage 2 of the Society's Qualification in Health Psychology or equivalent qualification that has been approved by the HCPC. Contact the HCPC for more information on the entry requirements for their register.

Thank you

It looks like 3 options but I think it's actually two

And

above is what you have to do all together if you want to go down that route, a doctorate in health psychology is the other option

Quick Reply

Latest