Help with Psychology AS AQA A Watch

Miss.Anon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello,
There are so many key terms in unit 1 psya1, like duration and capacity. But i am unsure of which ones we have to definitely know. Does anyone know which ones are the key terms that you need to know for the exam for memory, attachment and research methods. If you can for unit 2 too even though I haven't started it yet.
Aleenaa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hey I am doing the same subject as you, we've just finished research method and going to start memory when we are bak, what i can tel you to check in more than one text book - if the key terms are there then it most likely you need to know them

also the spec!
Miss.Anon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Aleenaa)
hey I am doing the same subject as you, we've just finished research method and going to start memory when we are bak, what i can tel you to check in more than one text book - if the key terms are there then it most likely you need to know them

also the spec!
Okai Thanks. Do you know which are the relevant key terms for Research methods?
oswalds
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm also doing the AQA A Psychology, and so far we've done Research Methods and Perspectives, then we are half way through both Memory and Attachments. This is what my teachers have said are the key words.

Research methods- Aim, hypothesis, directional hypothesis, non-directional hypothesis, null hypothesis, independent variable, dependent variable, operationalising, lab, field, natural, control, extranious variable, ecological validity, mundane realism, validity, reliability, observation, behavioral checklist, behavioral categories, investigator/observer bias, participator effects, demand characteristics, 'screw you' effect, social desirability, case study, correlation, self-report techniques, target population, random sample, opportunity sample, volunteer sample, independent groups design, repeated measures design, matched pairs design, quantitative, measures of central tendency, measures of dispersion, pilot study, single blind technique, double blind technique, BPS code of ethics, deception, informed consent, confidentiality, right to withdraw, protection of participants, debrief, population validity, historical validity, qualitative, content analysis.

Attachments- Attachment, ethology, imprinting, critical period, sensitive period, innate, internal working model, monotrophy, social releasers.

Memory- Memory, capacity, duration, encoding, retrieve, recall, store, short term memory, long term memory, multi-store model, flashbulb memories, linear, pioneering, working memory model, central executive, phonological loop, visuo-spatial sketchpad, active processing, dual task memory, musical memory.

I'm not sure if all of them are actually necessary, but this is just what our teachers have had us learn.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?