The Student Room Group

As- levels -Cramming a few days before exam success stories

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Sal11
Nice one there!

Which exam board was it and which module? And also what other subjects are you doing?

Ocr a I'm doing maths econ and further maths as well as physics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Didn't do any revision for an exam and somehow got 2 marks off an A.

But please, please, please just start revising from now? It won't be as much work if you just learn the content now and work slowly. I find I work best when i just chill and relax all exam season and work hard for the rest of the year. I had stuff going on throughout the year so I kind of had an excuse as to why but I would never recommend it to anyone. Just work in little bits from now - even work in all your frees or maybe an hour each day after school or something. It's not hard as it seems, honestly.
In MY personal experience, this did not work for science based subjects such as Physics as for me I realised I had to have worked hard throughout the year to get a good grade (which I didn't). For other subjects though I think it's doable, for example in RS I got a B by cramming.
I did nothing the whole year for biology, then the night before the exam, worked my ass off and got a B
Reply 64
I crammed and taught myself one of the two subjects my 30 marker question would be on a 90 mark paper. I guessed wrong! I got a U in that module, so got a U overall thanks to me also getting a D on the other paper. Yay!
Reply 65
Original post by hukdealz
I did nothing the whole year for biology, then the night before the exam, worked my ass off and got a B

Really? Imo that's very hard to believe.
there are no success stories unless an individual is really bright which is like 99.9% of people on TSR
Reply 67
Original post by Sal11
Did you know most of the content before you crammed?

I thought I did loool, but I didn't actually know much.
Reply 68
Original post by Farah_786
there are no success stories unless an individual is really bright which is like 99.9% of people on TSR

More like 30%
Original post by Sal11
Cool������ it's good you didn't work the whole year round and pulled it off at the end, you must have a great amplitude for maths, if I'm right?
Well i wouldnt say it is good... I regret not working all year round because i could have done better
Reply 70
Hated biology throughout the year so didn't really revise for it, used the CGP revision guide and did about 1 past paper for each unit (not enough time to do any more than 2) and got an A, somehow..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Original post by sr234
Hated biology throughout the year so didn't really revise for it, used the CGP revision guide and did about 1 past paper for each unit (not enough time to do any more than 2) and got an A, somehow..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was it the cgp revision guide or student book?
Reply 72
Original post by Sal11
Was it the cgp revision guide or student book?

The revision guide, the student book was too long!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
Original post by sr234
The revision guide, the student book was too long!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What exam board was it?
Reply 74
Original post by Sal11
What exam board was it?

AQA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sal11
Really? Imo that's very hard to believe.

it's not really that simple. I got full UMS in my biology IGCSE papers, and got really complacent and did no work in my AS year. So I suppose Biology was my strong subject and the reason I got a B was due to my solid GCSE knowledge plus some work the night before the exam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending