Marvel Studios Phase 3! Watch

asif007
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Marvel Studios have announced their plans for Phase 3 of their cinematic universe today, and I couldn't be more astounded!

May 1, 2015 = The Avengers: Age of Ultron

July 17, 2015 = Ant-Man

May 6, 2016 = Captain America: Civil War

November 4, 2016 = Doctor Strange

May 5, 2017 = Guardians of the Galaxy 2

July 28, 2017 = Thor: Ragnarok

November 3, 2017 = Black Panther

May 4, 2018 = The Avengers: Infinity War (Part One)

July 6, 2018 = Captain Marvel

November 2, 2018 = Inhumans

May 3, 2019 = The Avengers: Infinity War (Part Two)

Are you as excited about the future of the MCU as I am? Marvel have well and truly conquered the world of comic book movies - DC had better get their act together if they even hope to stand a chance at making their own shared universe as epic and successful as Marvel. I'm incredibly kicked about each and every one of the films listed above - long live Marvel!

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/28/marv...ate-of-movies/
Arkasia
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Who cares about the Marvel vs DC wars, it is a pointless ****-measuring contest for basement dwellers.

Just be glad we moviegoers get BOTH Marvel and DC to watch. A good decade is ahead of us.
_Ddraig_
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am not a comic fan boy but i do enjoy the movies (also watch AoS). Looks a solid line up however it will be interesting to see how the new character specific movies fair.
asif007
Rep:
?
Benedict Cumberbatch is Doctor Strange and Chadwick Boseman confirmed to play Black Panther!

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/27/bene...octor-strange/

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/28/blac...n-set-to-star/

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/28/robe...rvel-universe/
Clip
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hasn't Black Panther been demode for about 25 years?

Same with Ultron?

What next? Secret Wars?
asif007
Rep:
?
(Original post by Arkasia)
Who cares about the Marvel vs DC wars, it is a pointless ****-measuring contest for basement dwellers.

Just be glad we moviegoers get BOTH Marvel and DC to watch. A good decade is ahead of us.
I'm not bothered either, just massively excited that Marvel have innovated and led the way for comic book movies to become the incredible successes they are today. Marvel are completely unstoppable now! But as a fan of both DC and Marvel, as well as being a member of the audience, I'll be interested to see what DC can come up with to match up against the MCU even though they are miles behind.

(Original post by _Morsey_)
I am not a comic fan boy but i do enjoy the movies (also watch AoS). Looks a solid line up however it will be interesting to see how the new character specific movies fair.
I agree. I've never really read comic books but I'm addicted to the film versions so despite having never heard of some of these characters until recently, I'm still incredibly excited to see these films because of the Marvel brand. I'm looking forward to seeing how they set up Tony Stark/Iron Man as one of the main antagonists in Captain America 3, plus it will be interesting to see how they introduce some of the less well-known characters like Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Inhumans.

Guardians Of The Galaxy was one of the funniest and most charming movies I've ever seen so the sequel will undoubtedly raise the bar even higher!
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well I have my 26th birthday sorted, GotG is hands down my favourite movie of the year and favourite comic book movie so this will probably be the movie I'm hyped for the most over the next couple of years :teeth:
asif007
Rep:
?
Some of my speculations on the direction that the Marvel franchises will take in the future with the above mentioned films:

-As the actors playing the original Avengers (Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth) have contracts that will expire after Avengers Infinity War Part 2, I'm pretty certain that Marvel will be setting up Captain Marvel, Black Panther and Doctor Strange as the core members of a future Avengers roster for films that arrive after Infinity War Part 2.

-Vin Diesel has pretty much given it away that he will have a starring role in a future Marvel movie (other than Guardians 2). Which other film could possibly suit him better than The Inhumans? He's been teasing a future role for ages now and I'm prepared to bet anything that he will be playing Black Bolt.

-Al Pacino has been rumoured to be in discussions with Marvel for a role in one of these films. Wouldn't it be fun to see him pop up in Thor 3 or Black Panther. I'm assuming he might not be up for Inhumans, Doctor Strange or Guardians 2 because he doesn't have the strongest background in sci-fi films - but then I could be massively wrong.

-Sony have had a disastrous 2014 with the failure of Amazing Spider-Man 2, the controversy over The Interview and the leaking of some of their films online. Marvel are in a position of power to broker a deal with Sony to allow Spider-Man to appear in the MCU. If the execs at Sony are actually using their brains and don't want to damage Spider-Man's BO potential, they will make an intelligent choice to lend Spider-Man back to Marvel, whether temporarily or permanently. Sony have already proven that they can't handle the Spider-Man franchise due to all their interference whereas Marvel are playing all their cards right. Make the right decision so that we can see Spider-Man joining Avengers characters as early as Captain America 3 or (hopefully) Avengers Infinity War.
asif007
Rep:
?
First trailer for Ant-Man

asif007
Rep:
?
The second trailer for Avengers: Age Of Ultron

username208984
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can't say the Ant Man trailer did much for me but we'll see really as we get closer to it. Avengers 2 obviously looks like the best film ever made. Until Guardians 2 obviously.
asif007
Rep:
?
I knew it was possible and, as I mentioned above, there was a real likelihood of this happening. Now it's become a reality - Spider-Man is set to debut in the MCU with his first appearance in Captain America: Civil War after a landmark deal secured between Sony and Marvel. There will also be a solo Spider-Man movie (with a new actor playing the web-slinger) releasing on July 28, 2017 and jointly produced by Sony and Marvel. Long Live Marvel!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Spide...vie-69690.html

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Spide...eal-69685.html
Smash Bandicoot
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wait. ****. Inhumans is 2018?! That means Agents of SHIELD is going to filler the **** out of things for 3 years. [oops spoilers soznotsoz]
Smash Bandicoot
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by asif007)
I knew it was possible and, as I mentioned above, there was a real likelihood of this happening. Now it's become a reality - Spider-Man is set to debut in the MCU with his first appearance in Captain America: Civil War after a landmark deal secured between Sony and Marvel. There will also be a solo Spider-Man movie (with a new actor playing the web-slinger) releasing on July 28, 2017 and jointly produced by Sony and Marvel. Long Live Marvel!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Spide...vie-69690.html

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Spide...eal-69685.html
bbbut I wanted to see the Sinister Six in AMS3 doe :cry:
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Correct me if i'm wrong but are the Inhumans not basically the X-men but Fox won't sell?
Smash Bandicoot
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Correct me if i'm wrong but are the Inhumans not basically the X-men but Fox won't sell?
nope, Inhumans are the love-child of the Kree on an alien planet led by Black Bolt :awesome:
Malevolent
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lets hope they finally get someone who can play Peter Parker and Spiderman correctly.
asif007
Rep:
?
(Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
bbbut I wanted to see the Sinister Six in AMS3 doe :cry:
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 had 3 villains but Sony couldn't get that film right cos there was just no depth to the villains and Rhino felt so pointless showing up for 5 minutes. So I doubt they would be able to handle one with 6 villains if they were hoping to use Sinister Six as the villains in ASM 3. Their Sinister Six spin-off movie (if it ever gets made) will definitely be nowhere near as successful as WB/DC's Suicide Squad, which has more interesting characters with history, backstory and extreme emotional substance.

(Original post by Rakas21)
Setting up the Inhumans is further proof that Marvel are able to handle multi-starrer superhero films and shared universes better than any other studio. They have Avengers, Guardians and Inhumans while other studios can barely handle one shared universe. Sony have already failed with their most ambitious Spider-Man project which was a multi-starrer so it was only logical that they would return some creative input to Marvel who haven't put a foot wrong so far (apart from Iron Man 2).
_Ddraig_
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just listening to some opinions on this and i think i agree with one of those, that Spider Man could be the lead hero for Marvel Phase 4
asif007
Rep:
?
(Original post by _Morsey_)
Just listening to some opinions on this and i think i agree with one of those, that Spider Man could be the lead hero for Marvel Phase 4
I'd love to see that happen one day. I guarantee that Marvel's Spider-Man film will be immensely more successful than any of Sony's previous efforts so it would be a very smart decision for them to give Spidey a leading role as one of the core superheroes in Phase 4, on the back of this upcoming film's success. Phase 4 will have to go a level above Phase 3 which is almost inconceivable at the moment but I'm sure Marvel will find a way to knock it out of the park by introducing new superheroes and continuing with ones who are already established. Can't wait to see more of what they have in store for us!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are cats selfish

Yes (39)
50.65%
No (38)
49.35%

Watched Threads