Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    maybe 90% male.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    MMM, you obviously don't know enough women well enough! I think men are just a bit more open about being dirty, women save it for their friends.
    I've been told I've corrupted people's minds with my.... sense of humour, shall we say...

ReputationRep:
    MMM, you obviously don't know enough women well enough! I think men are just a bit more open about being dirty, women save it for their friends.
    After spending time with some of my female friends, I would have to agree with you.

ReputationRep:
    Well, not really. I went to a mixed school always (hence having more male friends) and I tend to get along with all my boyfriend's friends and their girlfriends, but now I am at uni and at a women's college. It feels a bit odd not hearing a deep voice for a few days at a time..!
    That is generalisation blissy-chan, not all boys have deep voices, and not all girls have higher voices.

ReputationRep:
    The poll should read opposite sex, same sex, same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    The poll should read opposite sex, same sex, same.
    It is the weekend, I don't like to think too much *twitches* gain bandwidth product *twitches*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    That is generalisation blissy-chan, not all boys have deep voices, and not all girls have higher voices.
    Right, well I am in an environment where I live with 300 other women. If I stay in college I won't hear a deep voice at all. I think I am a bit of an authority on it!

And yes, it is a generalisation because there are very few people who defy this in general

ReputationRep:
    Right, well I am in an environment where I live with 300 other women. If I stay in college I won't hear a deep voice at all. I think I am a bit of an authority on it!

And yes, it is a generalisation because there are very few people who defy this in general
    Maybe not at your college, but there are girls with deepish voices at my school. I also managed to find an almost exact clone of me, personality, interests but not looks or height, in year 8. It was really quite scary.

ReputationRep:
    I am sorry general blissy-chan

ReputationRep:
    FFbloodyS. Women don't have the same kind of resonant low voices as men even if they have a "low" female voice.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe not at your college, but there are girls with deepish voices at my school. I also managed to find an almost exact clone of me, personality, interests but not looks or height, in year 8. It was really quite scary.
    are you sure they are girls .......................... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    FFbloodyS. Women don't have the same kind of resonant low voices as men even if they have a "low" female voice.
    OK, OK blissy-chan, I wasn't disputing your claim, I was simply pointing out that at my school there were such girls.

ReputationRep:
    OK, OK blissy-chan, I wasn't disputing your claim, I was simply pointing out that at my school there were such girls.
    why do you keep saying chan??? we arn't in japan wiwarin_mir-san

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    why do you keep saying chan??? we arn't in japan wiwarin_mir-san
    that is beside the point, I wish to call blissy-chan that, just as I sometimes call sakura sakura-chan.

ReputationRep:
    that is beside the point, I wish to call blissy-chan that, just as I sometimes call sakura sakura-chan.
    OK each to his own

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    OK each to his own
    thank you baron-kun.

ReputationRep:
    what the hell is blablabla-chan :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    what the hell is blablabla-chan :confused:
    blissy-chan, she is another member, sakura-chan is my computer and the suffix chan is a term of respect which orginiates into japanese.

ReputationRep:
    I have a wide mix of friends, both female and male. In the 'main' group of best friends 6 are female and 4 are male, i think having that gives a better awarness and conifdence in talking to different people. If you only talk to one gender, just imagine how uncomfortable it would be to speak to the other gender.. for me because i talk to everyone, male or female when it comes to talking to girls at social events or where ever i find it much easier than some lads i know because they aren't used to talking to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tribi18)
    I have a wide mix of friends, both female and male. In the 'main' group of best friends 6 are female and 4 are male, i think having that gives a better awarness and conifdence in talking to different people. If you only talk to one gender, just imagine how uncomfortable it would be to speak to the other gender.. for me because i talk to everyone, male or female when it comes to talking to girls at social events or where ever i find it much easier than some lads i know because they aren't used to talking to them.
    Well, my best friend is male and the next circle of friends are made up mostly of girls, the outer sphere of friends are most male as well.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.