nud
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey! I've been waiting for a 2015 thread for Linguistics, but no one has made one yet, so, here I am.

I was just wondering where everyone had applied to and if they'd heard anything back yet.

I've applied to:

Cambridge (A*AA)-Rejected after interview
UCL (AAB -ABB)- Offer AAB
Newcastle (AAB-ABB)- Offer AAB or unconditional if firmed. (definitely firming )
KCL (AAB)- Offer AAB
Sunderland (English language and Linguistics and journalism)- Offer 260 UCAS points

I've received a questionnaire off UCL, but haven't heard back from anywhere else... What about everyone else?
Mmichaell
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've applied to:
Cambridge (A*AA) - completed the SAQ but not heard anything else
UCL - (ABB) - about to complete the questionnaire
Lancaster (AAB) - Received an offer
Manchester (ABB) - Received an offer
Essex (BBB) - Received an offer
nud
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mmichaell)
I've applied to:
Cambridge (A*AA) - completed the SAQ but not heard anything else
UCL - (ABB) - about to complete the questionnaire
Lancaster (AAB) - Received an offer
Manchester (ABB) - Received an offer
Essex (BBB) - Received an offer
Oh cool! congratulations on all your offers! which college did you apply to... and same, I completed my SAQ but I'm having trouble getting essays. And is it just me, or is the second half of the questionnaire quite difficult?
frogger8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Heya! Applied to UCL, Warwick, York, KCL and Cambridge Still waiting on the latter two! How long did you have to wait for your KCL offer? I applied wrongly for the old English and Communication course first on UCAS so they had to shift me over and I think that might've affected how long they've had to consider me.
nud
Rep:
?
(Original post by frogger8)
Heya! Applied to UCL, Warwick, York, KCL and Cambridge Still waiting on the latter two! How long did you have to wait for your KCL offer? I applied wrongly for the old English and Communication course first on UCAS so they had to shift me over and I think that might've affected how long they've had to consider me.
Hey! Best of luck to you!
KCL sent me an offer about two weeks ago. It's probably the switching over, since they probably got yours later than everyone else's. Good Luck!
Graceroberts97
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Has anyone applied to Queen Mary? Sent my application off over a month ago and heard nothing

Had offers from:
Manchester
Roehampton
Bangor
Man Met

So glad to find people doing EngLang/Linguistics!!!
nud
Rep:
?
(Original post by Graceroberts97)
Has anyone applied to Queen Mary? Sent my application off over a month ago and heard nothing

Had offers from:
Manchester
Roehampton
Bangor
Man Met

Haven't applied to QMUL, but good luck! (I'd check the university connect thing on here to see if you can find anyone) Congratulations on all your other offers too!
TeddySchacht
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hiya! So glad to find this thread

I've applied to:
Cambridge - invited to interview
Lancaster - AAB offer
York - AAB offer
Brighton - BBC offer
Manchester - not a peep

Best of luck to everyone and congratulations on your offers already
karenchantel
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've had offers from:
Leeds
York
Queen Mary
Essex

I received the questionnaire from UCL a few days ago, but I'm still trying to get to grips with it.
harriettlydia
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Graceroberts97)

Had offers from:
Manchester
Roehampton
Bangor
Man Met

I applied to QMUL, Kings, UCL & Edinburgh about a month and a half ago and I haven't heard anything from QMUL or Edinburgh...I got an offer from Kings and the UCL questionnaire which I haven't sent back yet ... :confused:
08.cm
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I applied back in November!

UCL - questionnaire
SOAS - nothing
Queen Mary - interview
KCL - nothing
Westminister - offer

Very disheartening, and the questionnaire has thrown me off my feet T_T
Anyone else struggling to get your head around the UCL questionnaire?
karenchantel
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by 08.cm)
I applied back in November!

UCL - questionnaire
SOAS - nothing
Queen Mary - interview
KCL - nothing
Westminister - offer

Very disheartening, and the questionnaire has thrown me off my feet T_T
Anyone else struggling to get your head around the UCL questionnaire?
I have until 6th Jan to complete the questionnaire and I haven't completed much of it yet, i'm in the same boat!
harriettlydia
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by karenchantel)
I have until 6th Jan to complete the questionnaire and I haven't completed much of it yet, i'm in the same boat!
Me too and it's quite hard! Oh well, hope for the best I suppose!
08.cm
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

I've made some significant breakthrough since yesterday, although I'm dreading starting section 2...phonology will never be my forte lol

Best of luck to you <3
SarahLund
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey!

I've applied to:

UCL, KCL, York for Linguistics with Spanish and to Edinburgh for Scandinavian Studies and Linguistics

I've got an offer from King's and sent my UCL questionnaire. Nothing from Edinburgh or York yet..
nud
Rep:
?
I've had offers from:
Leeds
York
Queen Mary
Essex

I received the questionnaire from UCL a few days ago, but I'm still trying to get to grips with it.
Congratulations on all your offers! Don't worry too much about the questionnaire, I thought mine was far from the mark, but I got the offer, so just go with your gut and make sure your reasoning makes sense! Good Luck!
nud
Rep:
?
(Original post by SarahLund)
Hey!

I've applied to:

UCL, KCL, York for Linguistics with Spanish and to Edinburgh for Scandinavian Studies and Linguistics

I've got an offer from King's and sent my UCL questionnaire. Nothing from Edinburgh or York yet..
Ooo, good luck and congratulations! Linguistics and Spanish sounds like such an interesting combination, all the best! (The furthest I've got with Spanish is DuoLingo)
nud
Rep:
?
(Original post by 08.cm)
I've made some significant breakthrough since yesterday, although I'm dreading starting section 2...phonology will never be my forte lol

Best of luck to you <3
Good Luck! It's really challenging, but SO interesting once you get into it, isn't it? Hope you get the offer!
SarahLund
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by nud)
Ooo, good luck and congratulations! Linguistics and Spanish sounds like such an interesting combination, all the best! (The furthest I've got with Spanish is DuoLingo)
Thank you! Haha DuoLingo is fab although I didn't get too far with French.. I'd really like to do Spanish but I'm leaning towards Scandi Studies! 😃

Good luck and congrats on all your offers too!
quadrilingual
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Happy to find this thread! I applied about a month ago to Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Glasgow (English Language but as an international applicant I'm trying to get to Scotland since there'd be no tuitition fees then ), Manchester and Lancaster.
Aberdeen and Edinburgh are the only ones I haven't heard back from yet but the others have sent me conditional offers subject to me reaching top grades in the Finnish matriculation exams, so I should hopefully be going somewhere! :-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (33)
29.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.01%
No I am happy with my choice (61)
54.95%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.31%

Watched Threads