Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illuvatar)
    pissing on them, then beating them up, then put a gun to his head, then shove it up his ****...what the ****?
    yea it makes me think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    yea it makes me think
    Sociopaths.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying what they may have done was right, but some of the pictures (particularly the ones seen in the mirror) look quite suspicious. There are quite a few questions to be asked, such as how did they end up with the pictures, do they not seem slightly "staged", how the hat just covers the man's face. I'm not defending anyone just pointing out that this story is not necessarily totally correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fairydust)
    I hope they will be imprisoned for their crime
    At the moment, the only 'evidence' a crime has been committed are photos showing one person with a hood over their head, and the legs of someone else wearing military trousers. And a SA-80 is shown.

Now lets be honest, unless a lot more evidence appears quickly, there is no case. Anyone with a reason to slur the name of the British army could have faked those photos with only a gun, a sack, and some combat trousers.

Ed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_1988)
    I'm not saying what they may have done was right, but some of the pictures (particularly the ones seen in the mirror) look quite suspicious. There are quite a few questions to be asked, such as how did they end up with the pictures, do they not seem slightly "staged", how the hat just covers the man's face. I'm not defending anyone just pointing out that this story is not necessarily totally correct.
    Also the 'Iraqi' in the photos is conveniently wearing a t-shirt with the Iraqi flag on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    It's no surprise when soldiers are (generally) imbeciles.
    None of the ones I've met.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benm)
    hmmmmmm...........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...equestid=19622
    Not quite sure what point you are trying to make. Are you saying to be a good, brave soldier who is good at first aid, following orders, and can put a bullet in a person at 500 metres, you have to be able to read and enjoy Shakesphere?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    Also the 'Iraqi' in the photos is conveniently wearing a t-shirt with the Iraqi flag on.
    Hadn't noticed that but it does make them more suspicious. it would be very easy for a reporter to pay a few soldiers to stage that scene, after all you can't see any faces. Surely if they had taken the pictures to boast about to others they would have wanted their faces in them?? I don't know for sure, just an idea.

ReputationRep:
    Hadn't noticed that but it does make them more suspicious. it would be very easy for a reporter to pay a few soldiers to stage that scene, after all you can't see any faces. Surely if they had taken the pictures to boast about to others they would have wanted their faces in them?? I don't know for sure, just an idea.
    Copy attached.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Oh another thing, the pictures are in black and white so you can't tell what color skin the men are. All these things create doubt in my mind...

ReputationRep:
    Oh another thing, the pictures are in black and white so you can't tell what color skin the men are. All these things create doubt in my mind...
    whats the doubt about whether the soliders did this to make money? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Don't be absurd.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be absurd.
    Are you being critical of her for doubting the 'evidence' we have all seen? Surely that is something she can do free from criticism?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    Are you being critical of her for doubting the 'evidence' we have all seen? Surely that is something she can do free from criticism?
    Yes.. then no.

ReputationRep:
    I find it strange how these photos have come to light so soon after the ones that portrayed American Forces...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by risk-is-good)
    I find it strange how these photos have come to light so soon after the ones that portrayed American Forces...
    Yes, I agree. In my opinion I believe these pictures to be false, although I do suspect that there have been cases of gross mistreatment of iraqi prisioners. The wording of the article in the mirror is also very biased, which furthur makes me doubt their creditability. But this is just my opinion though.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.. then no.
    Have you seen evidence I haven't?

I've seen faceless photos of 2 people. One with a sack on his head wearing an Iraqi t-shirt. In the photos there is a British gun.

It proves sweet F.A.

ReputationRep:
    Why would they do such things in the first place (assuming they are sane)? Why would someone photograph themselves doing a highly illegal act? How would someone then allow the photographs to get to a major media network? I aggree that there is something dodgy about this.

Tednol, I was pointing out that a lot of soldiers are quite possibly of very low intelligence (common to people who can hardly read or write). It would be in the interests of the army to recruit people of low intelligence if they want them to fight wars for America and Israel without asking any questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3675215.stm

anyone else saw it?

i am very disappointed, i have always mainainted that british soldiers would never do anything like this since i saw the american incident this morning, but now this.......

what do you guys think?
    I was neither shocked/horrfied or surprised by it. I wonder why? Maybe I'm a coldhearted cynic after all...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benm)
    Tednol, I was pointing out that a lot of soldiers are quite possibly of very low intelligence (common to people who can hardly read or write). It would be in the interests of the army to recruit people of low intelligence if they want them to fight wars for America and Israel without asking any questions.
    I'd debate whether there is a concrete link between intelligence and the ability to read and write. It is possible to be intelligent, and to have had a non-existant education even in this country.

But yes... army's would love cannon fodder.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.