username775001
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi

I have an extensive list of universities to choose to study abroad, as I can only go in first semester next year; so going in autum and winter, I am mainly looking at California; they offer California State University. http://calstate.edu/ I'll be 21. I'm not too bothered about league tables or whatnot. Has anyone studied in California? Or thoughts about it? There looks like there are different campuses but they seem to be near Los Angeles area.
teethomas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
UCLA is taking my fancy, looks really good..quite hard to get into though! Go on the UC website its really interesting
diamondkiwi
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi there- Just wondering what exactly youll be majoring in? UC has many schools across California. Have you looked at Northern California? I lived up that way and its beautiful up there! Theres UC-Berkeley and UC Davis which are pretty close to San Francisco. UC Berkely is only maybe 20 min out and has such a great social scene. Im from the US and i'm trying to study in the UK, so i figured i could swap some advice
diamondkiwi
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
this is funny, because i live in Orlando Fl. and everyone goes to Disneyworld LOL! Its where all the tourists go..but if leave Disney you'll actually see what this part of the South is like and the people here. Theres such a huge difference between Northern Cali (laid back, chill, and very open to different cultures) and Southern Cali (reputation for being snooty and materialistic, but fun place to be) I lived in both places and i can say either places have a fun social and club scene. i left the West coast for the East coast just because the vibe here is so easy going and where i've mostly grown up.

Where are you from in the UK? Im wanting to attend Central St. Martins for fashion and i think theres so much historical research over there more than here since were such a young country. So is it true what they say about how expensive it is to live in London? i just want to be able to find a place within 15-20 min. from London at the very least.

Have you Looked into Stanford? UC Berkeley was ranked #2 in 2013 for Psychology. I think lots of schools rated pretty high in Cali for Psychology, so you have tons of options Take a look: http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsa...ology-rankings
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (70)
27.13%
No - I have already returned home (29)
11.24%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
20.93%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.85%
No - I live at home during term anyway (77)
29.84%

Watched Threads