nat1432
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So I'm doing the IB and I'm totally stuck on what topic to do. I want to choose something to do with Dentistry as it's what I want to do in the future. But I have absolutely no idea on what I could do.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know! It would mean a lot
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by nat1432)
So I'm doing the IB and I'm totally stuck on what topic to do. I want to choose something to do with Dentistry as it's what I want to do in the future. But I have absolutely no idea on what I could do.

Hello

Given this a bump! Might be worth posting in the dentistry forum too!
arbucks
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by nat1432)

Hey,

I am in the second year of IB, and I wrote my EE on a dental based topic; specifically, the effect of different drinks on the acid erosion and discoloration of tooth enamel (7up, coke, orange juice, coffee, milk and water).

It is a chemistry essay.

I managed to obtain 18 extracted molars from a local dental surgery which I submerged into the various drinks measuring the mass every 3 days for a total of 21 days with a weighing balance of +/- 0.001 grams.

I obtained good results showing expected trends. I could help you out if you want.

I have applied for dentistry already and waiting to hear within the next month or so!
louisvohayes
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi,I am in my first year of the IB and also want to study Dentistry. I was thinking of doing the same EE; Investigating the effect of energy drink on human dental enamel surface of permanent teeth by measuring the surface roughness.If possible do you you have your results that you collected still available?Thank you, Louis
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (164)
4.87%
Uncertainty around my education (495)
14.69%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (378)
11.22%
Lack of purpose or motivation (471)
13.98%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (162)
4.81%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (206)
6.11%
Loneliness (286)
8.49%
Financial worries (120)
3.56%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (135)
4.01%
Exposure to negative news/social media (153)
4.54%
Lack of real life entertainment (183)
5.43%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (301)
8.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (315)
9.35%

Watched Threads