The Student Room Group

French grammar- irregulars

Does anyone have good ways of remembering irregulars? I know this is very general but i just find it so difficult to construct phrases with irregulars
You literally just have to learn/memorise them, particularly for être, avoir, faire, vouloir, pouvoir, devoir, savoir and aller. These are the key ones.
Reply 2
Original post by Paralove
You literally just have to learn/memorise them, particularly for être, avoir, faire, vouloir, pouvoir, devoir, savoir and aller. These are the key ones.

Okay thankyouu
Moved to foreign languages :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Amyjonesx
Does anyone have good ways of remembering irregulars? I know this is very general but i just find it so difficult to construct phrases with irregulars

You have to learn them all by heart. There is no other solution. Sorry. :frown:
Reply 5
Can someone help me please?
dans cette dissertation j'essayerai de vous démontrer les avantages et les inconvenients de l'internet avant que je ne parvienne à une décision sur si nous devrions utiliser l'internet ou pas

Is this well written or not?
Reply 6
Original post by Amyjonesx
Can someone help me please?
dans cette dissertation j'essayerai de vous démontrer les avantages et les inconvenients de l'internet avant que je ne parvienne à une décision sur si nous devrions utiliser l'internet ou pas

Is this well written or not?

Not really...

My correction:
Nous analyserons tout d'abord les avantages et inconvénients d'internet, puis nous verrons comment nous devrions l'utiliser.

I don't know what has been taught to you, but the French don't like to say "je" in a philosophy essay; we use "nous" or "on" instead.

"démontrer" is a verb used in mathematics, or when you want to prove sth. Here, you say that you just want to expose the pros and cons of the Internet, so it is better to use analyser, voir, se pencher sur, examiner, chercher à comprendre pourquoi...
I feel the irregulars themselves follow their own little rules.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I feel the irregulars themselves follow their own little rules.

Agreed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending