seriously, how much protein in this bowl/4=my tea on average

Watch
Smash Bandicoot
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Move to Nutrition and Supplements

Sorry to spam this question but it would help to know. Peronsally think I can juuust about maintain on these portions, damn well hope so as I am a skinny sammy
Attached files
BKS
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Again?

Read the packet. Or google the nutrition of whatever that is.
Smash Bandicoot
Rep:
?
(Original post by BKS)
Again?

Read the packet. Or google the nutrition of whatever that is.
It's slices of beef
Taelii
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
Move to Nutrition and Supplements

Sorry to spam this question but it would help to know. Peronsally think I can juuust about maintain on these portions, damn well hope so as I am a skinny sammy
Not entirely sure what you mean by maintain yourself but protein doesn't make you bigger unless you're working out. Even if you are working out eating that in one go is pointless, I'd say there's 40-50 grams of protein in that bowl and eating that much in one meal is pointless since your body can't store it anywhere.
Omega3!
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Taelii)
Not entirely sure what you mean by maintain yourself but protein doesn't make you bigger unless you're working out. Even if you are working out eating that in one go is pointless, I'd say there's 40-50 grams of protein in that bowl and eating that much in one meal is pointless since your body can't store it anywhere.
Why would your body want to store it?
Taelii
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Omega3!)
Why would your body want to store it?
I doubt someone would talk about maintaining and complaining about being skinny if they weren't talking about working out. Your body uses protein the best way it can so it will only store it if it needs it e.g. repairing and building muscle.
Omega3!
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I doubt someone would talk about maintaining and complaining about being skinny if they weren't talking about working out. Your body uses protein the best way it can so it will only store it if it needs it e.g. repairing and building muscle.
You need to read a book or something I'm afraid.

The majority of protein we eat is deaminated in the liver and used for energy, just like fats and carbohydrate.

The rest of it is used for intracellular signalling processes.

Even when people weight train, it is only an exceptionally small amount of protein that is used as the actual building blocks of muscle tissue.
Taelii
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You need to read a book or something I'm afraid.

The majority of protein we eat is deaminated in the liver and used for energy, just like fats and carbohydrate.

The rest of it is used for intracellular signalling processes.

Even when people weight train, it is only an exceptionally small amount of protein that is used as the actual building blocks of muscle tissue.
You asked where is it stored, using it for energy is breaking it down into amino acids therefore it isn't protein anymore.
username944192
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I thought that was a bowl of leaves. And not salad leaves...just leaves you'd find on the street
Omega3!
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You asked where is it stored, using it for energy is breaking it down into amino acids therefore it isn't protein anymore.
Obviously, but it's irrelevant information.

All protein you eat will become amino acids before leaving the gastrointestinal tract anyways. It's what happens afterwards that matters.

Your GI tract can easily break down and absorb 50g of protein in one serving and your metabolic pathways can easily use 50g of protein for various processes, even if eaten in the same meal.
Taelii
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Obviously, but it's irrelevant information.

All protein you eat will become amino acids before leaving the gastrointestinal tract anyways. It's what happens afterwards that matters.

Your GI tract can easily break down and absorb 50g of protein in one serving and your metabolic pathways can easily use 50g of protein for various processes, even if eaten in the same meal.
He wouldn't be talking about maintaining and being skinny if he wasn't working out, if you work out and then eat a lot of protein all that protein isn't used for repairing and building muscle, only a small part of it is. We're not talking about the body using protein for all sorts of other jobs.
Smash Bandicoot
Rep:
?
Right so dad is feeding me c
10-12.5g protein per meal
Smash Bandicoot
Rep:
?
(Original post by j.rustler)

Just ****ing weigh it and look up the nutritional value of roast beef.

Why are you posting this?
Because this is SUPPOSED to be where noobs can get help with their diet. To work out if I'm eating or rather being fed enough for gains.
Angry cucumber
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Because this is SUPPOSED to be where noobs can get help with their diet. To work out if I'm eating or rather being fed enough for gains.
You've been given decent advice - weigh the beef - look up roast beef nutrition info on google

That's it
Smash Bandicoot
Rep:
?
(Original post by Angry cucumber)
You've been given decent advice - weigh the beef - look up roast beef nutrition info on google

That's it
Where can I buy a scale? #masternoob
BKS
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Does it not come in some sort of packaging with the weight on it? Work out what fraction of the full pack you eat and you've got the weight
Smash Bandicoot
Rep:
?
(Original post by BKS)
Does it not come in some sort of packaging with the weight on it? Work out what fraction of the full pack you eat and you've got the weight
Er no, or at least the packet had been thrown away by this point. I will bear that in mind for future though, thanks
Angry cucumber
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You don't have a kitchen scale?

If not I got mine for a 5er on amazon
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (119)
4.97%
Uncertainty around my education (357)
14.91%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (263)
10.98%
Lack of purpose or motivation (337)
14.07%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (108)
4.51%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (140)
5.85%
Loneliness (207)
8.64%
Financial worries (88)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (100)
4.18%
Exposure to negative news/social media (116)
4.84%
Lack of real life entertainment (127)
5.3%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (208)
8.68%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (225)
9.39%

Watched Threads