St. Andrews English Applicants and Offer Holders 2015

Watch this thread
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
A place for all St. Andrews English Applicants/Offer Holders for 2015 entry.
SeftonStalag
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MicahMackay)
Got an offer day before yesterday
SeftonStalag
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Wow! What was the offer? I'm really, really hoping for an offer as it's one of my top choices
AAA including English naturally
SeftonStalag
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Nice! I really hope I get an offer where else have you applied?
Cambrige, Durham, UCL, and KCL. You?
SeftonStalag
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Cambridge, Durham, Exeter and York!

I have offers from Exeter (A*A*A) and York (AAA). Which Cambridge college?
Nice, I've only got one offer so far...not going to lie, the Exeter offers look very daunting!! I'm applying to Pembroke.

Nice to meet someone else whose equally interested in talking about university English applications; there's only four of us in my year group!!
SeftonStalag
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Yeah same! There's only a couple of us applying for English and only 2 of us applying for English at Oxbridge. I've applied to Trinity Hall, just need to submit the 2 essays. Yeah the offer from Exeter is extremely daunting, I can't believe they're giving A*A*A offers this year How long did St. Andrews take to get back to you?
I was kept in suspense for exactly one month!! So not to worry.
SeventhSon
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I was under the impression that St.Andrews don't give out offers until after January 15th except for international students. Is this true?
cchan1120
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Offer from St Andrews today! IB 38 with 6 in English!
cchan1120
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
How long did you wait for your offer? Are you an international student? (Sorry about the questions - just very keen on St. Andrews haha!) seriously well done on the offer though!
haha no worries! I was very nervous about St. Andrews too, and I am an international applicant from Hong Kong. I sent in my application to UCAS on the 11th of October, and St. Andrews sent me an email on the 15th of October saying that they received my application. St. Andrews claimed in their email that all applicants (other than medicine) would receive a decision in 4 weeks.

So its been about 4 weeks since I applied and I received my offer on the 11th of November

thank you so much and sorry for the mini essay ^

I hope you receive an offer soon! Where else are you applying to? Is St Andrews your first choice?
cchan1120
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Thanks! St. Andrew's is my 2nd choice after Cambridge. If they send offers within 4 weeks it means I might be receiving a decision either tonight or tomorrow - so nervous! What are your other choices?
I applied to Durham, Oxford, St. Andrews, Edinburgh and Exeter. Durham is my first choice and I received an offer at the end of October so I'm extremely happy!

Good luck with St. Andrews - you'll definitely receive news soon!

Are you an international student too?
cchan1120
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
No, I live in England so not an international student Well done on Durham! I've also applied but haven't heard anything yet! I have offers from York and Exeter though
Thank you! I've heard that Durham takes a while to get back to their home applicants, so no worries, I'm sure you'll hear from them soon!

And congratulations on both your offers! Those are two absolutely amazing schools!
SeventhSon
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Any Scottish Students got an offer yet? I got 5 As' at higher, sent off around one month ago, not heard anything since.
Elle97
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I sent mine off for English Lit in mid November and I've had nothing but a confirmation- my hopes are fading rapidly, especially because of my GCSE results. It's my last one, I'm so impatient, I just wanna know now!
Pernicious
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I sent my application off October 8th, and still haven't heard back yet, although I did apply for English and Philosophy so that may slow things down. I wouldn't be too worried, they have a while to let us know yet
Oxy
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Elle97)
I sent mine off for English Lit in mid November and I've had nothing but a confirmation- my hopes are fading rapidly, especially because of my GCSE results. It's my last one, I'm so impatient, I just wanna know now!
I had crappy GCSE's (no A's or A*'s), chin up
KateJ15
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I got an Unconditional from St Andrews last night to study International Relations starting in September.
ninja_789
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hi does anyone know if there is a facebook group for this?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (128)
65.98%
No (44)
22.68%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.34%

Watched Threads