Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    No, i was talking about trying to call a US cellphone(at least i think it is)
    It's 201 for NJ.

Source

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    It's 201 for NJ.

Source
    Its ok, i got it now, thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    Objectivists are good for something.
    "Could a hotel be built on the land owned by Supreme Court Justice David H. Souter? A new ruling by the Supreme Court which was supported by Justice Souter himself itself might allow it."

Beautiful!

ReputationRep:
    Do i hate the americans? Yes, yes i do. Or at least my stereotypical view of them (leaving aside any rational knowledge of their distinctions)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomD22)
    Do i hate the americans? Yes, yes i do. Or at least my stereotypical view of them (leaving aside any rational knowledge of their distinctions)
    Why not visit the US first and then form an opinion? That way you won't have to rely on your stereotypes when deciding how you feel about us.

ReputationRep:
    Do I hate Americans? No. However I detest their current leader and what he's doing to the world. To those who voted yes in this thread, remember there were millions who voted against Bush.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ancientone)
    Do I hate Americans? No. However I detest their current leader and what he's doing to the world. To those who voted yes in this thread, remember there were millions who voted against Bush.
    Doubling aid to africa? dropping agriculture subsidies?

also millions voted for him, its all relative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent p......?)
    Doubling aid to africa? dropping agriculture subsidies?

also millions voted for him, its all relative.
    All true and I wouldn't argue with any of that - I still detest the man, but I'm aware he won an election. That means I have to accept he's the leader of the most powerful country in the world. I do. It doesn't mean I have to like it.

ReputationRep:
    All true and I wouldn't argue with any of that - I still detest the man, but I'm aware he won an election. That means I have to accept he's the leader of the most powerful country in the world. I do. It doesn't mean I have to like it.
    If he was just a bumbling TV presenter everybody would like him, I imagine.

ReputationRep:
    If he was just a bumbling TV presenter everybody would like him, I imagine.
    I'm only saying that whilst I appreciate that the American people have the right to elect whoever they wish to elect, and that decision is one for them to make and not me, I don't have to agree with it. That's a personal view that I have a right to hold.

ReputationRep:
    I'm only saying that whilst I appreciate that the American people have the right to elect whoever they wish to elect, and that decision is one for them to make and not me, I don't have to agree with it. That's a personal view that I have a right to hold.
    Yeah, but everyone has something good about them, and detest is probably to great a word for someone youve never met and don't know the full story about.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but everyone has something good about them, and detest is probably to great a word for someone youve never met and don't know the full story about.
    I'm sure that George W does have some good points. I can only judge my personal view based on two issues - a) my personal beliefs and b) how he measures up to them. That's not to say that my personal views are more important than anyone elses- it's to be honest about the only way I can evaluate my personal opinion of him. And that's the original point I made about not hating Americans, but detesting their leader, whilst appreciating that the choice of their leader was theirs and not mine to make.

ReputationRep:
    I hate americans, yet i dont know why?
    Maybe its just prejudice! Or maybe i despise them at a subconcious level.
    Whatever it is, i do hate them.

ReputationRep:
    oh, and this might not hav much to do with this topic,
    but i jus got a LEVEL 7 in maths and science in my year 9 SATS!
    wooooooooooooooppppppppppeeeeeee eeeeeeeee!

ReputationRep:
    One thing that quite surprises me, is how confident Americans are. I was watching MTV's Made and all the teenagers didn't seem to be shy at all, always showing how their feeling, never nervous etc...

ReputationRep:
    i do like them, i do not find anything wrong wiv anyone woteva race, culture, or country

ReputationRep:
    **** YEAH!

ReputationRep:
    I got negative reputation for that. I hate Americans because of their attitude towards life. I am opposed to their moral code and their belief that everybody else must comply with their buy-all sell-all philosophy. I hate the way they consume fossil fuels like it's anyone's business and their complete ignorance of the rest of the world's attempts to change things. I just think they're selfish and worthy of contempt. Sign your rep next time or at least give some kind of reason.

ReputationRep:
    Right, because no one else uses fossil fuels? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Right, because no one else uses fossil fuels? :rolleyes:
    No, not in the magnitude you do. :rolleyes: Take a look at some figures of world consumption and try and brush it off then.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.