Do you hate Americans?

Watch
Straight Talker
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No. Now why would you feel the need to discriminate against Americans?
riccardo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by djchak)
The reasons that you despise america are flawed, bottom line.
The point is that I may despise China too and I would talk about that in another thread entitled "Do you hate the Chinese?" I understand the points about political correctness though, it would be very unpopular to start such a thread about China.
spikdboy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Wouldn't it suck to have to live with Americans?
RollDeep
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I hate certain Americans like that dumb mofo G. Bush and others but some of them are OK.
CogitoErgoSum
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It's kind of hard for anyone to claim they hate a WHOLE nation. America's a pretty big place. so, no, i dont hate americans. sometimes i hate certain americans, and sometimes i hate what some americans represent.
SideView
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i dont mind Americans but i must admit G.Bush is dumb... of all the people to pick from why him...!??!
spikdboy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SideView)
i dont mind Americans but i must admit G.Bush is dumb... of all the people to pick from why him...!??!
I don't like Bush by any standards, but I think that energy is wasted by complaining about him. We should be focusing more on what to change, rather than who to change.
SideView
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How can you focus on what to change when dumbass doesnt even back Kyoto-style deal on climate changes...
OppressedMass
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by psychic_satori)
That's because Canada was where all of the loyalists moved to... :rolleyes:

And all of our *crazy* ideas, like the Rights of Man and the idea that citizens should be able to participate in their own government... What a bunch of flakes! :rolleyes:
Tom Paine was an Englishman, the American Independence owes alot to British free thinkers.
psychic_satori
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by OppressedMass)
Tom Paine was an Englishman, the American Independence owes alot to British free thinkers.
No man chooses his birthplace.

I was more incensed at the accusations made by the poster to whom I was originally replying. Whilst I abhor those small-minded individuals who would belittle the American Independence movement, I maintain a great deal of gratitude for the ideas behind it having been created by some very outstanding individuals of British descent.
naivesincerity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by psychic_satori)
I maintain a great deal of gratitude for the ideas behind it having been created by some very outstanding individuals of British descent.
And French, but Americans don't like to be reminded of that
psychic_satori
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by naivesincerity)
Well, we were discussing independence initially, so the comments were only really meant to be demonstrative of America's ties to Britain. If we're going to start listing off every group that America is indebted to, the seeming immortality of this thread is assured.

And, considering that the French used America has a testing grounds for democracy before they had the intestinal fortitude to go for it themselves, I'd call us even, anyway.
djchak
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Actually, we don't mind at all, as Lafeyette and co were the "good ol days".

Especially when compared to these current Du Vellepin days..... :eek:

Hopefully someone rational like Sarkozy will be the next Prime Minister....

I really think you have the wrong idea when it comes to US treatment of the french. The worst we end up doing is silly jokes, things that have no trade relevance or otherwise. (freedom fries in no other place but the white house cafeteria)

The french media is the one that generally persists in hype against the "hyperpower"....why? Probably becuase it sells more papers....
naivesincerity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Actually, we don't mind at all, as Lafeyette and co were the "good ol days".

Especially when compared to these current Du Vellepin days..... :eek:

Hopefully someone rational like Sarkozy will be the next Prime Minister....

I really think you have the wrong idea when it comes to US treatment of the french. The worst we end up doing is silly jokes, things that have no trade relevance or otherwise. (freedom fries in no other place but the white house cafeteria)

The french media is the one that generally persists in hype against the "hyperpower"....why? Probably becuase it sells more papers....
No i know, it was just the recent business, about cheese eating surrender monkeys
Douglas
Report 16 years ago
The French media is still hung up on the bufoon....Dopey De Gaulle,
naivesincerity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Douglas)
The French media is still hung up on the bufoon....Dopey De Gaulle,
Full of hatred, aren't you?
djchak
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Full of hatred, aren't you, you always like this?

I really wouldn't quantify calling a politician "dopey" as "full of hatred". :confused:

If that was the case, and most of TSR though Bush was "dopey", then they would be "full of hatred".....
harrison1984
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I can't 'hate' a country, there are circa 280 million Americans, How can I hate them all??? Having been to American, I love it, the people are much more friendly and polite than the miserable UK.

We need to look at the state of our own country, which is crumbling before our very eyes.
drago di giada
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

You're right, they are usually on the receiving end of our jokes... fortunately enough for them.. we make fun of blue-collar rednecks(our own citizens)...and blondes... more than we do the french.
drago di giada
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Full of hatred, aren't you?

For or against bush?.... And yes, if calling someone "dopey" constitutes 'hatred' then most of TSR is full of hatred.. just look at the posts on the thread I started back in election days.."Who Would You Rather See Win The Presidential Election?" Check it..people are so pissed.. it's their nature.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.52%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (78)
28.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.41%

Watched Threads