Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kondar)
    haha, everyone knows the L for loser... and the W for whatever. You can put them together and say Whatever Loser. Though I have no idea where it comes from or even where I learned it.....
    Oh, I can remember one of my friends' little sisters doing some elaborate thing, like "You're a 'L'oser. I'm a 'W'inner, so 'W'hatever." And that was when I realized that it IS possible for the next generation to be dumber than our own.

I'm with USA, It's the first I've heard of L and W.

ReputationRep:
    We're going to have to start a TSR Adult Care Facility for you two

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kondar)
    haha, everyone knows the L for loser... and the W for whatever. You can put them together and say Whatever Loser. Though I have no idea where it comes from or even where I learned it.....
    L? W? I feel so sheltered. I've never seen anything like that in the US, but I think Douglas and I live further north than the rest of you all, so maybe these hand gestures haven't caught on north of NYC.

I did see Jeremy Clarkson (from a British TV show called Top Gear) do something where he made an L with his fingers and put them on his forhead while chanting "loser" over and over. I just figured it was a British thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Made in the USA)
    L? W? I feel so sheltered. I've never seen anything like that in the US, but I think Douglas and I live further north than the rest of you all, so maybe these hand gestures haven't caught on north of NYC.

I did see Jeremy Clarkson (from a British TV show called Top Gear) do something where he made an L with his fingers and put them on his forhead while chanting "loser" over and over. I just figured it was a British thing.
    Oh, no, we SO invented that.

ReputationRep:

And then you wonder why New Yorkers consider you guys weirdos. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    Yeah, when it comes to making hand gestures, especially rude ones, NYers are in a class of their own.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, when it comes to making hand gestures, especially rude ones, NYers are in a class of their own.
    Ain't that the truth? Though at least New York drivers aren't as homicidal as their London counterparts. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Ain't that the truth? Though at least New York drivers aren't as homicidal as their London counterparts. :eek:
    It's those tiny, emasculating cars that are the problem. Guys have to go further to get out their aggression.

Naw, we're not weirdo's, we're far right wing religeous zealots who have aligned with the vast right wing conspiracy to demolish the constitution.

RIGHT KONDAR..............you tell 'em.....

edited to add a "smiley" for fear of lighting Kondy's short fuse.

(Original post by psychic_satori)
    It's those tiny, emasculating cars that are the problem. Guys have to go further to get out their aggression.
    Any pickup trucks in NYC ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Douglas)
    Any pickup trucks in NYC ?
    I don't know. I was speaking of london.

(Original post by psychic_satori)
    I don't know. I was speaking of london.
    OK, any pickup trucks in London?....Or are they all emasculating yugo's ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Douglas)
    Naw, we're not weirdo's, we're far right wing religeous zealots who have aligned with the vast right wing conspiracy to demolish the constitution.

RIGHT KONDAR..............you tell 'em.....

edited to add a "smiley" for fear of lighting Kondy's short fuse.
    Its not so much a 'northern' thing as it is a general distance from civilization. If you happen to live 300 miles from the nearest McDonalds then you probably dont have the best grasp on reality. You vote Republican to secure yourself from the threat of aliens. Both those from Mexico and and those from distant galaxies who fly over your foilage, caves, and burrows in their spaceships with their tractor beams sucking up one of you distant and near (at the same time) relatives who, upon return, goes on to appear on the Ricki Lake Show in exchange for a three figure check, cases of beef jerkey and menthol cigarettes.

:cool:

ReputationRep:

How can you go through any high school and miss that? It's even in some pretty popular songs such as the "Hey now, you're a rockstar" one. And I'm sure it's been tons of movies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    How can you go through any high school and miss that? It's even in some pretty popular songs such as the "Hey now, you're a rockstar" one. And I'm sure it's been tons of movies.
    Don't know. I went to a high school in Greenwich, Connecticut and things were a bit different. Bismark may know Greenwich....it's only 30 minutes north of NYC by train.

In my high school, quality entertainment (for my classmates, not me!) was streaking across the cafeteria nude and detonating explosives in the cafeteria trash cans, sending garbage 30 feet in the air. I didn't know that wasn't normal until my freshman year in college.

:eek: "You mean it wasn't normal to have kids undress in the bathrooms and run across the cafeteria in nothing but a ski mask? That never happened at your high school????" :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Don't know. I went to a high school in Greenwich, Connecticut and things were a bit different. Bismark may know Greenwich....it's only 30 minutes north of NYC by train.

In my high school, quality entertainment (for my classmates, not me!) was streaking across the cafeteria nude and detonating explosives in the cafeteria trash cans, sending garbage 30 feet in the air. I didn't know that wasn't normal until my freshman year in college.

:eek: "You mean it wasn't normal to have kids undress in the bathrooms and run across the cafeteria in nothing but a ski mask? That never happened at your high school????" :eek:
    That wasn't me in the mask, I swear. :eek:

ReputationRep:

I don't think it's happened recently, but there have been plenty of threats, most of them centered around graduation or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    That wasn't me in the mask, I swear. :eek:
    I hope not! Ever notice how the people with the ugliest bodies are sometimes the most likely to take their clothes off?

I'm still having nightmares after a visit to some beaches in the Greek islands.

ReputationRep:
    I was at Duke University when they won their last National Championship in Mens Basketball... Ive never seen such ugly naked guys running around.... not even in the showers...

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.