Do you hate Americans?

Watch
Kondar
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Douglas)
Kondar, you're in serious need of an attitude adjustment, or gene injection therapy.

Remember "the Manchurian Candidate"

PS...couldn't access your "photo age", I'm interested.
Im just joking Dougie I dont know why you cant access my photos, its from my Universities server..... try this site www.unc.edu/~ngullett
Kondar
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by nasht)
some americans think america = world i think
You mean America > World ?? :rolleyes:
Douglas
Badges: 9
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kondar)
Im just joking Dougie I dont know why you cant access my photos, its from my Universities server..... try this site www.unc.edu/~ngullett
Kondar, vis a vis your link. I couldn't access it from my desk top (Dell dimension 2350), and I can't access it from this laptop....(a new Dell inspiron).....via comcast broadband internet.

Back on topic........I just signed for a course on "how to understand liberals", created by a joint venture from Ann Coulter and Rushbo Limbaugh.
Kondar
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
hmm sounds like a firewall issue, log in from a friends some time Just pictuers I took while travelling.

Are you really going to waste your time, Im sure thats more of a liberal bashing class than anything else.... you crazy republicans crack me up.
Douglas
Report 15 years ago
hmm sounds like a firewall issue, log in from a friends some time Just pictuers I took while travelling.

Are you really going to waste your time, Im sure thats more of a liberal bashing class than anything else.... you crazy republicans crack me up.
Kondar, it could be a firewall issue. I was interested since I knew you were in China, and I liked your (short lived) avatar of the little chinese girl.
Kondar
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
haha, that was for Christmas. Anyways, Im back in the states now and if it is a firewall issue it would be on your end. Cant think of any other reason why you cant access UNC. Can u get on www.unc.edu ??
Made in the USA
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Kondar, how come you aren't wearing birkenstocks with socks and a tie-dye shirt in your photo? I guess you have to be a "stealth liberal" disguised as a regular American to be under the radar in the Carolinas
Kondar
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I do have a giant peace sign tatooed across my chest....
Douglas
Report 15 years ago
I do have a giant peace sign tatooed across my chest....
Komrade Kondar.....is this the one?

Beads and Roman sandals won't be seen......Okie From Muskogee (1992)........Merle Haggard

Image]
ledzep15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
go america!
Kondar
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Komrade Kondar.....is this the one?

Beads and Roman sandals won't be seen......Okie From Muskogee (1992)........Merle Haggard

Image]
That was me a few years ago, today Im more into fat free mochas, VW Jettas, and my apple notebook.

edit: thanks satori
psychic_satori
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That was me a few years ago, today Im more into fat free mochas, WV Jettas, and my apple notebook.
West Virginia Jettas?
psychic_satori
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Still, it's good to see Kondar has progressed to the latter stages of leftism, right before the middle-age conversion to conservatism. And because hippies are gross, and I refuse to associate with them.
Douglas
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by psychic_satori)
And because hippies are gross, and I refuse to associate with them.
Wise words from Queen Ann

"How to Talk to a Liberal...err hippie (If YouMust).......
ExitMusic
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I don't like some Americans....just like I don't like some Chinese people, or some Middle Eastern People...or some British people in fact...what the heck is this thread about? How can you collectively hate a whole group of people?
psychic_satori
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Wise words from Queen Ann

"How to Talk to a Liberal...err hippie (If YouMust).......
I prefer a random quote that was a Quote of the Day on IMDb:

"Wherever there's a hippie, there's a crime, even if that crime hasn't happened yet. That's what I always say."
Longshoredrift80
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by doctor_b)
I don't like some Americans....just like I don't like some Chinese people, or some Middle Eastern People...or some British people in fact...what the heck is this thread about? How can you collectively hate a whole group of people?
Exactly!
Could you imagine the outrage if there was a thread called "Do you hate muslims?" and A THIRD of the people voting said "Yes"? That'd be condemned as racist and disgusting, in fact, the thread would probably be deleted by a moderator pretty swiftly and the OP punished. And yet, replace "muslim" with "American" and you somehow we suddenly have a "valid" thread and subject for "debate"!
What precisely is the difference between the two?
Muslims complain of "islamophobia" on a regular basis, but the casual hatred and constant insulting of countries like America and Israel is deemed entirely socially acceptable for everyday conversation, and is witnessed almost everywhere. As I said before, even in comedy shows, Americans are seen as valid targets, en masse, for ridicule and degradation and comments that would almost be criminal if aimed at muslims or blacks or other minorities.
For example, I went to a comedy show a couple of weeks back. The comedian was bantering with the audience and one audience member was being particularly dense. The comedian responded with "f**k, it's like talking to an American!" to be greeted with laughter and cheers from the audience. Now, replace the word "American" with "muslim" or "black person" or "homosexual", and you almost have grounds for an arrest, certainly there'd be very limited laughter or cheering. Could you imagine that, a mainstream comedian responding to a dense audience member by going "f**k, it's like talking to a black!"?! - it's unthinkable in this day and age.
Why is one acceptable and yet the others are not?
Once again, take for example the comments made by Kilroy-Silk about "Arabs". He was condemned and ridiculed and subjected to a police investigation to see if charges could be brought. Yet replace "Arab" with "American" and you just about have a typical, standard editorial from any number of mainstream newspapers and commentators, about which people go "yes, that's right", before toddling off to their anti-war protest safe in the knowledge that xenophobia and irrational prejudices are American traits.
The double standard is disgusting. And anyone who can hate 300million people based solely on nationality is a fool.

- An Englishman with a wonderful American girlfriend
Kondar
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
--The man's got a point
Douglas
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JonathanH)
, but the casual hatred and constant insulting of countries like America and Israel is deemed entirely socially acceptable for everyday conversation,
Yes Jonathan, of course, you're right, and you might add to the list.......Christians, who've taken a terrible beating over the past few years. As you said (in many cases), replace the word Christian with Muslim, you'd be tarred, feathered and thrown on the 1st boxcar outta town.
Scheherazade
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JonathanH)
Could you imagine the outrage if there was a thread called "Do you hate muslims?" and A THIRD of the people voting said "Yes"?
I actually agree with you!
First off, I voted 'no', and secondly I created a thread called do you hate muslims? but it wasn't a poll(i didn't know how to create polls then) so I'm not sure if anyone voted yes.

And if there was a 'do you hate the french' poll there would probably be similar results, part of it is the nationality thing and part of it is the minority issue and part of it is familiarity. But it's still wrong to say you hate all americans with no differentiation between individuals at all.
--------------
Yes Jonathan, of course, you're right, and you might add to the list.......Christians, who've taken a terrible beating over the past few years. As you said, replace the word Christian with Muslim, you'd be tarred, feathered and thrown on the 1st boxcar outta town.
Have you been in the religion forum recently?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.52%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (78)
28.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.41%

Watched Threads