Do you hate Americans?

Watch
_poptart_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
grr i hate it when people discuss a whole nation as if everyone in it are all the same. If its about specific Americans, well i think Jake Gylenhaal is hard to take a disliking too lol.
i just think you cant box a whole nation up and judge them in that way cos your only judging them only stereotypes formed from the media, I bet some people say "yeah I hate americans" without even knowing a single one! :rolleyes:
Made in the USA
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by naivesincerity)
Do many people in the US watch BBC America?
I've got hundeds of stations and I know I have it, just am not sure what station number it is on. When I'm channel surfing I sometime find it and watch for a few minutes before changing the channel. The format is quite dull and I tire of the endless barrage of global warming stories. It's amazing how the media can shape public opinion. After a steady diet of global warming hysteria, no wonder all you Euros think the earth is going to explode in a giant fireball any second now.
_poptart_
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I guess you could also argue that the US media have in a way shaped your opinion thinking that its not a big issue
Made in the USA
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Did you ever see 'Fitz' , the US remake of 'Cracker'?
I think that show ran for about a year and was cancelled. I never saw it, but heard that the US version was unwatchable.
naivesincerity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ahhh...The UK version was classic. The adaptation I thought was bad, but thought I may've been biased.....
Made in the USA
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ahhh...The UK version was classic. The adaptation I didn't think was great, but thought I may've been biased.....
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118290/...mments?start=0

Most of the comments are from people living in the USA and the consensus seems to be that it's one of the worst shows to ever grace the small screen.
naivesincerity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yep, pretty much unanimous
Karl-Pilkington
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
I would rather eat a baby then be American or speak to an Full breed American however the Mixed breeds ok normally if you get an Amercian/Labrador there normally smarter than the average full breed human version p.s proof of Obama= Partly from Keyna Arnie= Germany/Superhuman they dont even trust themselves to run their own country
D00
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
how could I hate Americans, arnold schwarzenegger is one.
Kaiser_7
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Some of the comments on this thread (Ok I have read 2 pages out of 162, but that's enough for me) have cracked me up, keep up the good work guys. It's a fantastic country with some fantastic people. Some of them are ignorant but in a country the size of that it is to be expected. But asking if you hate americans is like asking if you hate muslims. Some are *******, but the majority are reasonable.
ForeverIsMyName
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Why revive the thread people?
flugestuge
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
We are Gods.
miv
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well they have their way, which I don't like at all, but I would not hate a people for that.
But for sure I hate their leadership.
~|Shock|~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No, why?
djchak
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by miv)
Well they have their way, which I don't like at all, but I would not hate a people for that.
But for sure I hate their leadership.
Yeah, I guess all the people that hate Obama are going to start coming out of the woodwork.

mariashafira
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes I hate them. Had it been 50% like, 50% dislike, I would have said neutral, but for too many reasons, they just tip me over the edge.
I realise some people here have said that the way they say sir and mam is polite, but you realise that it is just a facade and that usually, its when they want to feed their greed more. But that's just my opinion.
And I am a big Obama fan, just for the record.
beepbeeprichie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yeh and im proud of it
Greens
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by mariashafira)
Yes I hate them.
How does it feel to hate over three hundred million people that you have never met?
Mr_K_Dilkington
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by flugestuge)
Americans are loved, admired and envied in various proportions all around the world. This is because we are the greatest nation on the earth.
You are also probably the most hated nation on the earth. Your second sentence is part of the reason why.

In response to the OP - hating "Americans" is ******ed. How can you hate an entire nation. Hating Americans is absolutely no different to hating blacks, Arabs, Africans, "*****", or whoever else.

I love Americans. My girlfriend is American. America is a pretty damn awesome country, and the Americans I've met have been some of the nicest, kindest, most considerate people I've encountered. I'd probably be called an anti-American by the right-wing demagogues because of my opposition to imperialism, corporatism etc etc., but I'm most certainly not. I oppose certain actions of American politicians and corporations, not the American people or the American nation. Conflating George Bush and **** Cheney with "Americans" is like conflating Saddam Hussein with "Arabs."
Mr_K_Dilkington
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by flugestuge)
You are contradicting yourself.

We are loved by the British, all of Europe, Asia and Africa.
Only the Iranians dislike us. Everyone aspires to be like us.
Every nation wants to immigrate to the US.
We are the wealthiest and most powerful nation in the history of the universe.
obv.

"During the George W. Bush administration, public opinion of America declined in most European countries. A Pew Global Attitudes Project poll shows "favorable opinions" of America between 2000 and 2006 dropping from 83% to 56% in the United Kingdom, from 62% to 39% in France, from 78% to 37% in Germany and from 50% to 23% in Spain."
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.52%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (78)
28.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.41%

Watched Threads