Report 11 years ago
I ******* love America.
Mr_K_Dilkington
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by flugestuge)
Even with George W Bush in power, 56% of you desperately loved and admired us.
Favourable opinion /= "loved", and funny how you ignore the rest of Europe which you claimed loved you.
Mr_K_Dilkington
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by flugestuge)
all of ... Asia and Africa.
Only the Iranians dislike us.
"In 2002 and in mid-2004 Zogby International polled the favorable/unfavorable ratings of the U.S. in Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco and the United Arab Emirates. In Zogby's 2002 survey, 76% of Egyptians had a negative attitude toward the United States, compared with 98% in 2004. In Morocco, 61% viewed the country unfavorably in 2002, but in two years, that number has jumped to 88 percent. In Saudi Arabia, such responses rose from 87% in 2002 to 94% in June. Attitudes were virtually unchanged in Lebanon but improved slightly in the UAE, from 87% who said in 2002 that they disliked the United States to 73% in 2004.[76] However most of these countries mainly objected to foreign policies that they considered unfair."

"Anti-Americanism has risen in Pakistan as a result of US Drone attacks in Pakistan introduced by Bush and continued by Obama.[88][89] In a poll surveying opinions towards the USA, Pakistan scored as the most anti-American nation, jointly alongside Serbia"

From what I can tell of the few things I've read most of the population of Central and South America is hugely anti-American.

As I said before I love the American people, its just large parts of the world do not, as you have brashly claimed.
tropical brainstorm
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Two of my best friends are American.

Do I dislike how the UK is being slowly but surely Americanized (notice the Z/S) ? YES, I rather do.

Is it a willing/passive Americanization, perhaps it is.

Do I dislike some characteristics of American politics and society, YES.

These topics are rather offensive I find, in that they on the whole DO NOT offend the majority of our lovely Liberal, anti-american elite.

Shall we have a thread 'Do you hate Israelis?' 'Do you hate Pakistanis?' No of course we wouldn't dare ask such a question.

Much easier to take a cheap shot at our transatlantic cousins.
USArmybrat
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
Americans (or rather I) don't travel much because:

1) we have to cross 5,000 miles of ocean to get over there. Its crazy expensive so much that I've been saving for two years and still don't have the money. Yes we have Canada and Mexico but honestly would you want to go there, honestly? Mexico pretty much sucks. The crime and violence there is crazy (yes I know america's is bad too) And Canada isn't really all that interesting to me. Sorry but I can wear flannel and watch hockey in my living room and get same experience. (I'm just playing with ya'll and don't mean to offend).

2) We don't have the vacation time. I don't know about the UK's vacations but Americans are lucky to even get two weeks off in a year. I hear that in France they get like the entire month of August off. That's ridiculous....and awesome all at the same time. With only two weeks in a year to travel (if you even get to take it all at once) you're much more likely to visit family and friends. If you don't have that much time off then would you even bother traveling 5,000 miles just to spend 2 or 3 days there?

3) America is HUGE! There are so many things I want to see here how can I go over there? The grand canyon beckons! Yellowstone national park! Niagra Falls! Redwood Forest! There's all this sh*t here and I have like no time.

-More on topic: Everybody here loves the British! How can you not love the country that came up with "The Office"?! We'd love to drink some pints with ya. (BTW American beer is dominant haha) Guys, the girls love your accent! Girls, the guys...not so much. haha! Just don't bring soccer into the conversation. Can't stand soccer. I think its genetic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (298)
84.42%
No (55)
15.58%

Watched Threads