Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drago di giada)
    I'd prefer having Bush as president than Kerry.. Kerry's just an extremist redneck who cares only for the wealth of his family. But thats just my opinion.
    You may well be right, but it'd be wrong for me to pass judgement as I don't know much about the guy...

If he wins and promptly invades North Korea or something, I'll happily agree with you (though I won't be very happy as those dudes wouldn't be push-overs like Iraq and would probably start nuking England!)...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    You may well be right, but it'd be wrong for me to pass judgement as I don't know much about the guy...

If he wins and promptly invades North Korea or something, I'll happily agree with you (though I won't be very happy as those dudes wouldn't be push-overs like Iraq and would probably start nuking England!)...
    lol... nuking england.. lmao.. thats funny. But yeah, Bush keeps his political debating to the facts, while Kerry attacks Bush personally. Calling him a turn-coat and whatnot.. Its pathetic when someone has to resort to name-calling to win a election.

ReputationRep:
    Bush for President!!! He got us into this, only he can get us out!
    :confused: hmm?

ReputationRep:
    lol... nuking england.. lmao.. thats funny. But yeah, Bush keeps his political debating to the facts, while Kerry attacks Bush personally. Calling him a turn-coat and whatnot.. Its pathetic when someone has to resort to name-calling to win a election.

It's the way of the world... In run-up to a Free State election a whle back, loads of oil had been found off the Mayo coast. The government sold the rights to American companies for a short term financial gain to make the economy look better... Such things happen, it's bad - but heh...

"We didn't start the fire" as Billy Joel put it!

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't Kerry could probably win the election purely because he isn't Bush. Apparently Bushs support is plumeting.

ReputationRep:
    "Quote:
    Bush for President!!! He got us into this, only he can get us out!"

Or get us in even deeper, which is how it looks to me..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    :confused: hmm?
    ok... Bush got us into this whole thing with Iraq, only he can get us out of it.. Kerry is to much a hick to do anything, he'd dig us deeper, or he'd give up. Personally I think this whole Iraq thing is overplayed, overused, and getting EXTREMELY old! Kerry doesn't have the brains nor the guts to get us out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    He doesn't Kerry could probably win the election purely because he isn't Bush. Apparently Bushs support is plumeting.
    I'd ruther see bush than kerry win this election. kerry's such an ass.

ReputationRep:
    Peopel should remember - President Bush is an American but not a representative of all Americans who are generaly very nice people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    Peopel should remember - President Bush is an American but not a representative of all Americans who are generaly very nice people.
    *applauds you*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    Propably. But regardless of how people behave as individuals, the Americans, as a people, have behaved in a way that justifies a certain degree of contempt.

ReputationRep:
    i do not hate Americans but i do disagree with there decisions that they make.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldthrashbarg)
    Propably. But regardless of how people behave as individuals, the Americans, as a people, have behaved in a way that justifies a certain degree of contempt.
    thats really not a fair thing to say at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldthrashbarg)
    Heh, you generalize sir.. and to do so is ignorant. Not everyone is alike. I am an american, and while I feel that going to Iraq was justified with 911.. I believe that we needn't have been there as long as we have been. I'm a good person, and because of something that a select few people have done you wish to categorize me with those who chose wrong? I find that extremely.. vindictive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    thats really not a fair thing to say at all.
    I think its fairly justifiable to judge a nation by the actions of its politicians (in the case of a democracy at least) as these representitives are put forward by the general populace after all,though perhaps America (at least from 2000-2004) could be an exception as the politicians were put forward by the electoral college/supreme court rather than the general populace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    weve heard this million times before..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    I think its fairly justifiable to judge a nation by the actions of its politicians (in the case of a democracy at least) as these representitives are put forward by the general populace after all,though perhaps America (at least from 2000-2004) could be an exception as the politicians were put forward by the electoral college/supreme court rather than the general populace.
    I still don't think you should judge a populace on the actions of a select few.. no matter HOW those few came to power. It still seems unfair.. unjust.. and wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    weve heard this million times before..
    What do you have against the American People?

ReputationRep:
    I still don't think you should judge a populace on the actions of a select few.. no matter HOW those few came to power. It still seems unfair.. unjust.. and wrong.
    I personally do not judge a populace by their politicians, i do think its justifiable though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    I personally do not judge a populace by their politicians, i do think its justifiable though.
    Isn't it common knowledge that politicians are corrupt though? I could've sworn that it was.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.