Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zizero)
    True. I'd say since Reagan.

It is quite worrying actually.

The worst thing is that it doesn't look as though a potentially "great" president is coming up.

To me, neither Bush nor Kerry look likely to fall into that category.

Another thing: Suppose Bush wins the election. Then, it is very likely that Hillary Clinton will go for the presidency in 2008. After 8 years of conservatism, it is likely that the Americans will want change. So Clinton would have a good chance.

Now, suppose she wins as well. Then, for 24 (perhaps even 28) years America will have had presidents coming exclusively from the same two families.

I know this is just speculation, but it is a likely scenario. And it would be deeply unhealthy as the US would slowly slip into some kind of oligarchy.
    I'm willing to bet that Hillary would be a good thing for this country. She's a good woman.. from what I know of her anyways. BUT.. I am a conservative.. I still think she may be good for us though. I'd rather see Bush than Kerry, and if possible.. Hillary than Bush.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drago di giada)
    I'd ruther see bush than kerry win this election. kerry's such an ass.
    what were you saying about kerry name calling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    what were you saying about kerry name calling?
    lol, Tom.. if you haven't noticed I'm NOT kerry. lol.. and I think I should make good on my promise to hurt you. :P

ReputationRep:
    lol, Tom.. if you haven't noticed I'm NOT kerry. lol.. and I think I should make good on my promise to hurt you. :P
    similar thing tho, and please dont hurt me, no seriously don't, its not fair you american bully, now what does that sound like? (besides you scare me when you get all mad)

ReputationRep:
    similar thing tho, and please dont hurt me, no seriously don't, its not fair you american bully, now what does that sound like? (besides you scare me when you get all mad)
    lol, I tease ya cause I luv ya. lol.. what does what sound like?

ReputationRep:
    lol, I tease ya cause I luv ya. lol.. what does what sound like?
    American FP, you big bully

ReputationRep:
    American FP, you big bully
    So whats wrong with a little intimidation? It never hurt anyone.
    BTW.. It IS sunny here and I hear thunder.. just to clear that up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Are you kidding? Bush has done just as much, if not more attacking then Kerry! Kerry and Edwards all the way
    Find me some Bush quotes that you think can even come close to rivaling this classless cheap shot from Kerry:

"Did the training wheels fall off?"

That was John Kerry's wisecrack about a bicycle accident that scraped the face, hands and knees of President Bush. Even some of Kerry's fellow democrats scolded him over that comment. Kerry's defense for his remarks? "I thought I was off the record."

It's ironic that, earlier that month, Kerry took a spill while riding his bicycle over a patch of sand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Made in the USA)
    Find me some Bush quotes that you think can even come close to rivaling this classless cheap shot from Kerry:

That was John Kerry's wisecrack about a bicycle accident that scraped the face, hands and knees of President Bush. Even some of Kerry's fellow democrats scolded him over that comment. Kerry's defense for his remarks? "I thought I was off the record."

It's ironic that, earlier that month, Kerry took a spill while riding his bicycle over a patch of sand.
    May I remind you of the "off-the-record" remark about a New York Times major-league *******...?

ReputationRep:

He must not realise that in the south you don't normally use training wheels for but a couple of weeks when you are just learning how to ride. Stupid ketchup guy.

ReputationRep:

I like you. lol. Thank you, its nice finding another Bush supporter amongst... all this Bush.. hatered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zizero)
    May I remind you of the "off-the-record" remark about a New York Times major-league *******...?
    True, but making a joke about a mountain bike accident that could have left someone seriously hurt is a cheap shot, IMHO. The fact that the comment was directed towards a sitting president makes it sound even more inappropriate.

ReputationRep:
    True, but making a joke about a mountain bike accident that could have left someone seriously hurt is a cheap shot, IMHO. The fact that the comment was directed towards a sitting president makes it sound even more inappropriate.
    It is incredibly stupid to attach a president. If you do, you are telling the people that they are ignorant because they either elected a stupid redneck or a moron. Kerry is not the smartest man on the block.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    Kerry is not the smartest man on the block.
    Muah ha ha ha.. muy bien... very good. He isn't. I'm not saying Bush is either. But from the debates, from the statements, and from the news coverage of Senator Kerry.. I've definitly seen that he is smug, condescending, and a complete jackass (heehaw). We'd be much better off if we re-elected Bush, IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Muah ha ha ha.. muy bien... very good. He isn't. I'm not saying Bush is either. But from the debates, from the statements, and from the news coverage of Senator Kerry.. I've definitly seen that he is smug, condescending, and a complete jackass (heehaw). We'd be much better off if we re-elected Bush, IMO.
    I agree Kerry isnt the most impressive but i cant see any positives coming from Bush being elected (for once). Continued war and another four years of promiting anti american attitudes throughout the world is all that the American people would recieve. Bush being returned to office is exactly what bin Laden and Al Qaeda want.

ReputationRep:
    that name calling again...tut tut

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CalumanGael)
    I agree Kerry isnt the most impressive but i cant see any positives coming from Bush being elected (for once). Continued war and another four years of promiting anti american attitudes throughout the world is all that the American people would recieve. Bush being returned to office is exactly what bin Laden and Al Qaeda want.
    I'd think they'd want Kerry and his dumbness in office. Bush.. IMO would be able to get us out of Iraq if he tried hard enough. But if Kerry were in office.. we'd continue our occupation.

ReputationRep:
    that name calling again...tut tut
    lol, snotface(j/p).. you do that every time. I love you too.

ReputationRep:
    I'd think they'd want Kerry and his dumbness in office. Bush.. IMO would be able to get us out of Iraq if he tried hard enough. But if Kerry were in office.. we'd continue our occupation.
    I dont see how you can come to that conclusion, if anything Kerry would be more likely to pull out as soon as possible and his foreign policy (unless he intends to surprise everyone) would be a lot less agressive than that which is currently in place. Its the aggressive policy of Bush that Al Qaeda welcomes as it gives them such a fertile ground throughout the middle east and the islamic communities in the West from which they can draw recruits and play on the increasing anger of the muslims who feel they are being persecuted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CalumanGael)
    I dont see how you can come to that conclusion, if anything Kerry would be more likely to pull out as soon as possible and his foreign policy (unless he intends to surprise everyone) would be a lot less agressive than that which is currently in place. Its the aggressive policy of Bush that Al Qaeda welcomes as it gives them such a fertile ground throughout the middle east and the islamic communities in the West from which they can draw recruits and play on the increasing anger of the muslims who feel they are being persecuted.
    So, you're telling me that, if Kerry DOES win this election, and he has the power that Bush now has in his hands, he will NOT change his foreign policy to match that of our current one? I don't believe that.. Politicians are corrupt.. most of not all of them.. Kerry.. is just as bad. Its human nature.. to want power. If he is given the opportunity.. he will go for it.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.