Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    and leading to another issue, would you say the same if i say, 'i like Americans', would you intervene because i haven't met all Americans in the world. No, because negative racism makes you unhappy. So if you want to be politically correct, it is best to not have ANY opinions at all?
    you can hate americans. preferably qualify it.
    you can love americans. preferably qualify it.

you cant accuse all americans of being 'cruel and savage' without qualifying it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drago di giada)
    Been there, done that..
    lol.. wolf.. I believe she was coming on to you..
    Tsi Ha! I was making a point! Wrong books as in meeting the wrong americans, as we are a pretty vast country. I'd link to think that just because my neighbors are complete *******s, that the same would not be thought of myself.
    Hmm, I have met one brittish guy in my life time, and he was the biggest jerk I have ever met, shall I determine from that, that all brittish guys are jerks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    shall I determine from that, that all brittish guys are jerks?
    You have the choice to determine whatever you want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Tsi Ha! I was making a point! Wrong books as in meeting the wrong americans, as we are a pretty vast country. I'd link to think that just because my neighbors are complete *******s, that the same would not be thought of myself.
    Hmm, I have met one brittish guy in my life time, and he was the biggest jerk I have ever met, shall I determine from that, that all brittish guys are jerks?
    heehee.. nope.. four of my good friends are british.. I haven't.. as of yet.. met an englishman that I actually trully dispised.

ReputationRep:
    Padfoot, for some reasons, you seem to think that you need to know everyone of 'something' in order to say you dislike/hate something, but it just isn't the case.
    tell me then wolf, how do you hate millions of people you never met? What have they done to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    What have they done to you?
    Nothing. Please read above..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColdFire)
    American **** licker!
    thank you for that insight.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing. Please read above..
    i did, and it just isnt logical. Just because you dislike a portion of something, i don't think you can say you hate all of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldthrashbarg)
    Not every Nazi was at a KZ camp. Do you think that only those that were, should be denounced?
    why was what i said worthy of neg rep?

ReputationRep:
    i did, and it just isnt logical. Just because you dislike a portion of something, i don't think you can say you hate all of it.
    some people are just weird.

ReputationRep:
    why was what i said worthy of neg rep?
    Confused here.. but what does Neg rep have to do with nazi's? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Confused here.. but what does Neg rep have to do with nazi's? :confused:
    oldtrashbag thought what i said deserved negetive rep, when i was merely pointing out not all americans were at abu garib.

ReputationRep:
    lmao.. hey people.. remember when I got into it with Chemist_boy a bit back? heehee.. he gave me neg rep that said.. "YOU SUCK!" ROTFLMAO!

ReputationRep:
    oldtrashbag thought what i said deserved negetive rep, when i was merely pointing out not all americans were at abu garib.
    Thats just stupid.

ReputationRep:
    well people do this kinda things, it happens in science, we assume that experiments leads to a conclusion, when we haven't tested a million times before.

ReputationRep:
    lmao.. hey people.. remember when I got into it with Chemist_boy a bit back? heehee.. he gave me neg rep that said.. "YOU SUCK!" ROTFLMAO!
    Is that what people do now when we disagree with each other?

ReputationRep:
    well people do this kinda things, it happens in science, we assume that experiments leads to a conclusion, when we haven't tested a million times before.
    Can you explain how this relates?

ReputationRep:
    Is that what people do now when we disagree with each other?
    lmao, childish is it not?

ReputationRep:
    lol, I used experiments as an example earlier. I believe he was working off it... but I could be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    If someone does not like 40 Americans, that person concludes that he does not like Americans.

If someone does an experiment 40 times and find the results all negatively correlated, the person concludes that the results are negatively correlated. Although the scientist has only test 40 times, but is it not correct to EVER put out a conclusion because you have not tested it infinite amount of times?

Yes - people assume things, and i think they should have the right to assume, just has they have the right to say .'Americans are cool'...etc, no matter how politically incorrect and ingnorant that assumption is.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.