Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    i live in toronto....... well i think the stereotypes of us being nice are wrong cuz alot are plain ****ing *******s, like the ones you describe in your post. But americans aren't much better whenever i go to buffalo it looks like a **** hole and everyday theres a fire somewhere along with a shooting, not to mention fat ppl and liquor stores.
    lol, I like you. But I don't live in buffalo thank god. I live about an hours drive from it. I'm in the country-side. Beautifule place here. Ever heard of Tuscarora State Park?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drago di giada)
    lol, I like you. But I don't live in buffalo thank god. I live about an hours drive from it. I'm in the country-side. Beautifule place here. Ever heard of Tuscarora State Park?
    ya it gets nice outside buffalo and niagara falls, ny.... much crappier then the canadian side.. there are alot of good golf courses out in western ny

ReputationRep:
    Do you hate Americans?
    Which ones?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    ya it gets nice outside buffalo and niagara falls, ny.... much crappier then the canadian side.. there are alot of good golf courses out in western ny
    lol, how far into ny have you been? I'm half an hours drive from Niagara Falls.

ReputationRep:
    lol, how far into ny have you been? I'm half an hours drive from Niagara Falls.
    well like buffalo, Niagara falls and ive driven down I-whatever it is towards south carolina

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    well like buffalo, Niagara falls and ive driven down I-whatever it is towards south carolina
    ahh.. so you've never been along the coast of Ontario on this side?

ReputationRep:
    ahh.. so you've never been along the coast of Ontario on this side?
    nope

ReputationRep:
    The constition has taken some time to get to this point. It's more like a guid plan. Such as the equil rights for every person has taken time. And it still has a ways to go. Religous freedom is not complete eithor. One example is gay marrage. Personally I am not gay but according to the constitution gay people should be allowed to get married.The main argument is the bible is against homosexuals but somthing they don't relize is not every one goes by the bible. I don't go by any religion. I have my own believes and that works for me. Maybe somebody should read the first admendment to old Georgy boy. The part about religous persicution.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    nope
    grrr... its a shame. Quite nice here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    not to mention fat ppl and liquor stores.
    I'm confused, are there no liquor stores in Canada? I never thought to look for them there before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alais)
    The constition has taken some time to get to this point. It's more like a guid plan. Such as the equil rights for every person has taken time. And it still has a ways to go. Religous freedom is not complete eithor. One example is gay marrage. Personally I am not gay but according to the constitution gay people should be allowed to get married.The main argument is the bible is against homosexuals but somthing they don't relize is not every one goes by the bible. I don't go by any religion. I have my own believes and that works for me. Maybe somebody should read the first admendment to old Georgy boy. The part about religous persicution.
    Actually, I don't think the big issue that Americans have with gay marriage is over their right to do it, they just don't want it called "marriage." I read a poll on this that had a big list of opinion questions and some had the question "Do you disagree with the idea of gay marriage" and some with "civil unions" and the civil unions got overwhelming approval. It's more a terminology thing than anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychic_satori)
    I'm confused, are there no liquor stores in Canada? I never thought to look for them there before.
    lmao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychic_satori)
    they are all government owned so they are only in certain areas unlike the states where anyone can open one and you get one every street corner in the not so nice areas----> this is in ontario..differes from province to province

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    they are all government owned so they are only in certain areas unlike the states where anyone can open one and you get one every street corner in the not so nice areas----> this is in ontario..differes from province to province
    lmao, my town has only one liquor store.

EDIT:... everything is government owned in canada! Farms.. pssht.. how asinine.

ReputationRep:
    lmao, my town has only one liquor store.

EDIT:... everything is government owned in canada! Farms.. pssht.. how asinine.
    lol not everything farms just get tax breaks and stuff people own them on their own though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    lol not everything farms just get tax breaks and stuff people own them on their own though
    Yeah.. but there ARE big government owned farms.. of which are responsible for the littler.. privately owned farms going out of business.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.. but there ARE big government owned farms.. of which are responsible for the littler.. privately owned farms going out of business.
    same as in the states except your large corporations do that instead... but it's all good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    same as in the states except your large corporations do that instead... but it's all good.
    Large corps.= less expensive goods.

ReputationRep:
    Large corps.= less expensive goods.
    lol im not trying to start a debate here I like capitalism just as much as the next guy thats why im getting out of Canada as soon as im done university

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    lol im not trying to start a debate here I like capitalism just as much as the next guy thats why im getting out of Canada as soon as im done university
    What uni?(I don't know of any canadian uni's..lol) And where are you planning on going?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.