Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychic_satori)
    I was just talking to a friend from Missouri about this. She said that for some weird reason Missouri always does this last minute grab for attention, and people suddenly decide "Oh, maybe I'll vote for the other guy," but they never follow through.
    Well we will know in 6 days wont we?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychic_satori)
    I was just talking to a friend from Missouri about this. She said that for some weird reason Missouri always does this last minute grab for attention, and people suddenly decide "Oh, maybe I'll vote for the other guy," but they never follow through.
    That sounds like some serious political analysis!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Well we will know in 6 days wont we?
    Thank goodness, too. I'm exhausted from all of this! Granted, I'm a political junkie, so I get like this every major election.

And, I'm just sad that the leap year in 2000 screwed up my pattern of having my birthday on the Presidential election day every 8 years or so. I'm not sure, but I don't think I'll ever get another Presidential election on my birthday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    That sounds like some serious political analysis!
    I'm just going from what she said. This happens for every presidential election, I guess, regardless of which side they are leaning toward. I tried to investigate it a bit, but apparently they don't archive previous pre-election opinion polls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    However newweeks poll has bush leading by six electorial votes (if the election were held today) and with 5 states still virtually deadlocked, it's anyone's race. Plus Kerry is closing the gap in Missouri, once considered a Bush state.
    Thats the electoral vote.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    Do you think that someone who can't even use proper English can really set up his own business? Bush was handed the company on a plate. Same with the baseball team.
    George Bush has successfully managed and run a number of business and company ventures.

Bush cheated.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3&postcount=26

He doesn't deserve to be president. He isn't popular
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/bush_vs_kerry.html

he has terrified and confused America into seeing him as a viable option. His unwillingness to change is not a strong point. Far from it. Inflexibility leads to poor ideas being followed through.
    It leads to ideas being followed through. Flip-flopping is preferential then?

Look at Sharon - thanks to his change in policy there could be headway made in the Middle East.
    Bush has supported Sharon and Israeli policy having been the first president to recognise the right of the Palestinian people to their own state.

The world is changing constantly. Kerry can see this and adapt.
    The world doesnt change in the same interview. The war on terrorism hasnt changed in the weeks that Kerry changed his opinion three times.

Bush is too dim to realise what's happening (this is not stength - it's stupidity.)
    The reason Bush is popular is because he sees what is happening.
    Incidentally, what is happening? Im obviously less informed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    It's amazing how many times people have replied 'It isnt the American people you hate it is their government.'....
    Too many times to count..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    Theyre hardly looking for a 'convenient way' to excuse their hatred of America, it is a legitimate reason. Do you think people just get up in the morning and decide to hate the USA?
    One person did.. her excuse was "I hate their accents." *rolls eyes* How friggin stupid? It was an ignorant comment, and it seemed she hadn't learned her lesson. Because she tried sticking up for herself..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    George Bush has successfully managed and run a number of business and company ventures.
    it is estimated that Bush's 5 business endeavors prior to his gubernatorial term cost the companies he worked for around 160 million dollars. Doesnt seem very succsessful to me.

The war on terrorism hasnt changed in the weeks that Kerry changed his opinion three times.
    This an opinion or can you back it up??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kondar)
    it is estimated that Bush's 5 business endeavors prior to his gubernatorial term cost the companies he worked for around 160 million dollars. Doesnt seem very succsessful to me.
    Estimated by whom?

There was no strategic deviation in regard to the terrorist threat to the US in the weeks that Kerry was against the war, then for the war then against the war, pre, during and post the Democratic primaries. Since then he has changed his opinion or contradicted himself so many times, most clear thinking people have lost count.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    Estimated by whom?
    Anne Richards used it against Bush in the Gubernatorial debate- he did not dispute it at the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kondar)
    It's not a mater of opinion or fact, it's simple.. most people agree with it, and most people are finally realizing that he isn't right for the presidency... thankfully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drago di giada)
    It's not a mater of opinion or fact, it's simple.. most people agree with it, and most people are finally realizing that he isn't right for the presidency... thankfully.
    Umm, you would find a lot of people on this forum who seem to agree with his policies. Its beyond me why they would agree with a man who fights a war when his economy his recouvering from a recession.

Isnt the american deficit 6 trillion dollars?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by canuck)
    Umm, you would find a lot of people on this forum who seem to agree with his policies. Its beyond me why they would agree with a man who fights a war when his economy his recouvering from a recession.

Isnt the american deficit 6 trillion dollars?
    Personally, I haven't heard such a rumor.. and also, no offence to my friends on here, and other brits that I'd consider friends.. on this matter, fortunately, it doesn't matter whether or not they think Bush should get in, or Kerry. Because like me, they can't vote. So, all they can do is speculate, and grouse.

I'd like to ask those who DO back Kerry.. why it is they do so. Is it because of his FP? Is it becaue he wishes to take most of the money that goes into our defense and put it out there to help third world countries?... among others? Is that what you want?

You dislike us, and many of you who say you don't, just don't want to admit the fact that you are biased. A good British friend of mine, Will, mentioned in a few of his posts that HE believes so many people dislike us because they don't like our freedom. Personally, I think he's right. This election will make or break our future. It is not a good idea to change presidents during a time of war, nor is it even remotely smart to change that president to a man who cannot stay on one side of an argument for more than a week.

Kerry promises to get our troops out of Iraq within 6 months after he is elected. News flash people.. it "ain't gonna happen!" Even if he could, somehow figure out a way to end this, our troops are training police, if he were to pull us out, it would mean complete distruction of whatever type of government exists there now. Seriously people, don't just look at the bad things Bush has done for us, and for the people of the middle east. Look at the good things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drago di giada)
    Personally, I haven't heard such a rumor.. and also, no offence to my friends on here, and other brits that I'd consider friends.. on this matter, fortunately, it doesn't matter whether or not they think Bush should get in, or Kerry. Because like me, they can't vote. So, all they can do is speculate, and grouse.

I'd like to ask those who DO back Kerry.. why it is they do so. Is it because of his FP? Is it becaue he wishes to take most of the money that goes into our defense and put it out there to help third world countries?... among others? Is that what you want?

You dislike us, and many of you who say you don't, just don't want to admit the fact that you are biased. A good British friend of mine, Will, mentioned in a few of his posts that HE believes so many people dislike us because they don't like our freedom. Personally, I think he's right. This election will make or break our future. It is not a good idea to change presidents during a time of war, nor is it even remotely smart to change that president to a man who cannot stay on one side of an argument for more than a week.

Kerry promises to get our troops out of Iraq within 6 months after he is elected. News flash people.. it "ain't gonna happen!" Even if he could, somehow figure out a way to end this, our troops are training police, if he were to pull us out, it would mean complete distruction of whatever type of government exists there now. Seriously people, don't just look at the bad things Bush has done for us, and for the people of the middle east. Look at the good things.
    Well, look at these.

http://www.publicdebt.treas.gov/opd/opdpenny.htm
    http://www.toptips.com/debtclock.html
    http://mwhodges.home.att.net/nat-debt/debt-nat.htm
    http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/1201/p16s01-coop.html

ReputationRep:
    I don't hate american people but I hate the decisions that the american administration made...the war against iraq was a mistake...in afganistan also...I'm a muslim girl ...that's the truth...

ReputationRep:
    thank you MR bush for the freedom and the democracy in iraq...I mean killing children and kiling innocent people at mosques...destruction and fire in everywhere...thank you again...MR bush...

ReputationRep:
    Why should I hate americans? I'm sure some are not nice, and i'm sure some are nice, Do I hate English people in general? some are nice, some are not, I find that maybe some english people abroad are arrogant but I won't tar everyone with the same brush.

I enjoy going to America, and I find everyone very friendly, especially if they hear you with an English accent. i'm Going to Florida, In January. Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R1R2R3)
    thank you MR bush for the freedom and the democracy in iraq...I mean killing children and kiling innocent people at mosques...destruction and fire in everywhere...thank you again...MR bush...
    mosque or terrorist weapons cache?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cooldarkness)
    Why should I hate americans? I'm sure some are not nice, and i'm sure some are nice, Do I hate English people in general? some are nice, some are not, I find that maybe some english people abroad are arrogant but I won't tart everyone with the same brush.

I enjoy going to America, and I find everyone very friendly, especially if they hear you with an English accent. i'm Going to Florida, In January. Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee
    You are english?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.