Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hehe, but its fun..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by risk-is-good)
    ?? Turkish Lira is in the millions per £. Doesn't mean it is better than the pound. In fact, the GBP is one of the most attractive currencies available, due to the UK being the strongest of the developed economies at the moment.
    1 Kuwaiti Dinar is worth £1.90764.

Worth knowing, because people often think Sterling is worth more than 1 on any other currency.

ReputationRep:
    nah i dont mind americans at all, in fact i was in dallas just last year and i thought it was quite cool. generalising an entire nation is quite stupid ... everyone is entitled to their views and yeah theres nothin wrong with americans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    well either way she's either a puritan or a criminal, going by her ancesters.
    What if shes indiginous?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HasanB)
    nah i dont mind americans at all, in fact i was in dallas just last year and i thought it was quite cool. generalising an entire nation is quite stupid ... everyone is entitled to their views and yeah theres nothin wrong with americans.
    Hey dude, I'm from Dallas, its a great city.

ReputationRep:
    and im from CA, its the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 101mphfastball)
    My parents used to live in Dallas...the stories that come out of their! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illuvatar)
    Do you?
    Just the political part of it, I HATE BUSH and his whole clan, apart from that, they're real cool

ReputationRep:
    I cannot generalise like that. I do not hate the place and it's people. I hate the government!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 101mphfastball)
    hey, i stayed in a place called carrollton over there dunno if uve heard of it, it was quite nice, thoroughly enjoyed it. Altho must say that the dallas Burn arent exactly the best around , had the 'priviledge to watch them play against DC united and they kinda got mauled !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HasanB)
    hey, i stayed in a place called carrollton over there dunno if uve heard of it, it was quite nice, thoroughly enjoyed it. Altho must say that the dallas Burn arent exactly the best around , had the 'priviledge to watch them play against DC united and they kinda got mauled !
    Woah I live in Carrollton, how far out is that dude, where were you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    How can u hate americans if you haven't met every single one of them. These are the kinds of threads i hate: Its inviting members to bash and make fun of others, and i am tired of it.
    people around my school all hate americans

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illuvatar)
    people around my school all hate americans
    i think its more 'friendly taking the piss' or hatred against bush +admin more than serious hatred against americans

ReputationRep:
    I don't hate them at all, I know a lot of lovely americans, I wouldn't generalise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    wow enough of this neo-liberalism, i would rather have bush lead the world then a guy who yells " allah allah allah allah allah allah allah allah allah" and then blows himself up on a bus
    Well I have heard a saying that Canada are your little brothers or cousins...or something. You probably have no idea who the IRA are I guess?

What are chiggers and wiggers exactly? I've not heard that before....

(Original post by Tednol)
    1 Kuwaiti Dinar is worth £1.90764.

Worth knowing, because people often think Sterling is worth more than 1 on any other currency.
    Also:

1 GBP = 0.870112 CYP as of 2004.05.01 21:14:53 GMT

1 GBP = 195.406 JPY as of 2004.05.01 21:15:53 GMT

Now Cyprus is the richest of the newly admitted members of the EU, but they are all still poorer than the other EU members, but 1 Cypriot Pound is worth more than 1 Pound Sterling.

And someone quoted Turkey with their money. Isn't it also same for Italy too?

Everyone knows Japan is the second biggest ecomony in the world, but look at their exchange rate.

I don't know how the exchange rates and the GDP work etc as I do not know anything on economics I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    I don't hate Americans but I have a few problems with Bush and his foreign policy.

Yes! I Hate Myself And Wish I Was British So I Could Be In The Harry Potter Goblet Of Fire Movie!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    IM an american and if you hate me just tell me...but dont base it on our leaders because although some people chose that man ......not all of us did and we dont hate u guys infact we kind of envy you and im leaving america the first chance i get because i hate it here...but just remeber we are all people

No it's not like that! I haven't met all Americans so I can't judge. I'm sure you are a lovely person, but I want to be in HP.

I want to go to Oxford cause Tolkien went there! Hes my idol! Also Peter Jackson (though hes not british) and Jk Rowling(SHE ROCKS!!!!).

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.