Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    My point was a humorous one. Do I need to do this ":rolleyes:" every time I'm taking the p1ss for your benefit?
    That would actually be a help to me, so yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    That would actually be a help to me, so yes.
    I'll make point of seeing if you're around before using my massive wit next time. Just for you.

ReputationRep:
    I'll make point of seeing if you're around before using my massive wit next time. Just for you.
    It's not my fault I cannot detect sarcasm.

ReputationRep:
    My point was a humorous one. Do I need to do this ":rolleyes:" every time I'm taking the p1ss for your benefit?
    Sarcasm is your best friend.

(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Which is why you should not have the death penalty :rolleyes:
    Low blow aaron.. low blow! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Considering that the trial of Jesus was illegal and it was actually the Jews who pressed for crucifixion instead of imprisonment, you point is not valid.
    And it was the roman governor, Pilot, who ok'ed it, so your point isnt valid either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    And it was the roman governor, Pilot, who ok'ed it, so your point isnt valid either
    Actually he washed his hands of the case therefore he neither abstained from a decision and allowed the Jewish leaders to choose the sentence.

ReputationRep:
    Actually he washed his hands of the case therefore he neither abstained from a decision and allowed the Jewish leaders to choose the sentence.
    He still could have stopped it.

Anyway, back to the real debate :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kondar)
    You know, I went back and read three pages and I still have no idea what the hell you all are arguing about. Stop beating up the new guy. Welcome to the forum Shadowkin.
    Aw, thanks kondar. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now.

ReputationRep:
    Talk about going off on a tangent. What does any of this have to do with hating americans? *looks confused*

ReputationRep:
    Which will last longer, this thread or the Undying Lands?

ReputationRep:
    Right now the US is the country that Europe (particularly France and Germany) loves to hate so I'm not surprised the thread has been around for so long.

I'm not sure how long it will take for Europe to realize that we aren't the bad guys. Russia is drifting back into an autocracy, rogue nations are acquiring nuclear weapons, and we all need to deal with Islamic fascism. This thread will last for a while until our common problems force us back into bed with one another, like communism in the '80s did.

ReputationRep:
    The thread, people go off on so many tangents its barely about hating americans anymore.. It's pretty much a free-for-all.. where you can voice concerns, or piss and moan about pretty much anything.

ReputationRep:
    no they just have their way of life just like any other race of people

ReputationRep:
    Hate is too strong a word..I do not like the way some are portrayed on TV..but that can be influenced by bias!

Met some nice ones..they tend to have very good manners and a good sense of humour! But I cannot generalise from the few I have met...I will be sure for deff after been to Florida (going tomoz!).

Think has more to do with conflicting cultures...but also in the US competition is more emphasized than here and other places..so they can come across as slightly arrogant..but this is the way they have been brought up..to succeed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indian)
    no they just have their way of life just like any other race of people
    I'd never thought of Americans as being a "race" before.

ReputationRep:
    I'd never thought of Americans as being a "race" before.
    lol, sarcasm..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drago di giada)
    lol, sarcasm..
    I always thought it (being American) as more of a "club" really.

Like the cheyenne social club ?

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's a nationality by any means, and can therefore be subject to prejudice...

ReputationRep:
    lol, really? A club? like.. a bunch of 9 yr old boys sitting in a tree house wearing red capes and singing koombyah? (or however it's spelled?):p:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.