Watch
Made in the USA
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
What does that mean?
She's probably not 100% sure about her lineage because it really means nothing in this country. My ethnicity really has little impact on any aspect of my life and I'm not even sure where where at least 50% of my ancestry is from.
pissface
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Made in the USA)
She's probably not 100% sure about her lineage because it really means nothing in this country. My ethnicity really has little impact on any aspect of my life and I'm not even sure where where at least 50% of my ancestry is from.
I know for a fact that I'm 1/4 Irish and 1/16 Scottish, but when I say that I'm an extra 1/16 british, i mean that I'm not sure...could be welsh, could be english. I don't know the heritage of that last relative for sure...just that he was british...
amo1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by AmericanChick)
I know for a fact that I'm 1/4 Irish and 1/16 Scottish, but when I say that I'm an extra 1/16 british, i mean that I'm not sure...could be welsh, could be english. I don't know the heritage of that last relative for sure...just that he was british...
im pretty sure no one can go 2 far back, i think we traced ours back 3000 years but that was only one line, so itmakes v little difference, no one caan tell by looking at u, if ur a 'purebread'
Howard
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amo1)
im pretty sure no one can go 2 far back, i think we traced ours back 3000 years but that was only one line, so itmakes v little difference, no one caan tell by looking at u, if ur a 'purebread'
Traced what back 3000 years?
naivesincerity
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i'm 1/4 Pygmy, 1/4 Massai, 1/4 Chinese, and 1/4 Scottish
pissface
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by naivesincerity)
i'm 1/4 Pygmy, 1/4 Massai, 1/4 Chinese, and 1/4 Scottish
That's a unique combo... :rolleyes:
pissface
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Traced what back 3000 years?
Family tree probably...
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Family tree probably...
Nobody can trace their ancestry back 3000 years! I'm assuming he meant 300 which in itself is quite a remarkable piece of geneology.
pissface
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Nobody can trace their ancestry back 3000 years! I'm assuming he meant 300 which in itself is quite a remarkable piece of geneology.
lol...I'm sure some people can...
Kew
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm pretty sure they can't. Proper written records don't go back that far...
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I doubt it very much.
Kew
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I doubt it very much.
Quite. I mean, that would mean going back a good half-millennium before the Celts first came to Britain! In other words, a culture with absolutely no reading or writing...
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kew96158)
Quite. I mean, that would mean going back a good half-millennium before the Celts first came to Britain! In other words, a culture with absolutely no reading or writing...
I've just tried to find out the "record" for geneological research in terms of timeline. Couldn't find anything but I very much doubt that anyone can go back to 1000 years BC.
drago di giada
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've just tried to find out the "record" for geneological research in terms of timeline. Couldn't find anything but I very much doubt that anyone can go back to 1000 years BC.
Always the pessimist eh Howard?
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by drago di giada)
Always the pessimist eh Howard?
Some would say "realist"
pissface
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes, but what if their early family somehow kept records? highly unlikely, but still entirely possible...
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes, but what if their early family somehow kept records? highly unlikely, but still entirely possible...
Possible in theory.
Douglas
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
Howie, the Mormans are famous for their geneological record keeping. A former co-worker of mine (a morman) told me that many people have traced themselves back to the time of Christ, after that (he claims) they use biblical records to trace you back to Adam and Eve. At that time, he was in the process of tracing his geneological records....never found out if he got back to A&E.
pissface
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Douglas)
Howie, the Mormans are famous for their geneological record keeping. A former co-worker of mine (a morman) told me that many people have traced themselves back to the time of Christ, after that (he claims) they use biblical records to trace you back to Adam and Eve. At that time, he was in the process of tracing his geneological records....never found out if he got back to A&E.
Fascinating... :rolleyes: In your face Howard! Jk.
Agent Smith
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The word 'reliability' springs to mind. How on earth can the Mormons be so sure, so far back?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (299)
84.23%
No (56)
15.77%

Watched Threads