The Student Room Group

Driving without insurance

I have found car and wanted to drive around at night with a friend but can't insure it yet, what's you guys advice?

I've spent a lot of money on lessons so far that's why
Original post by 12345F
I have found car and wanted to drive around at night with a friend but can't insure it yet, what's you guys advice?

Don't thats silly, you are just looking to get banned from driving for 2 years even before you passed.
Original post by 12345F

Don't drive it - obviously. But then again if you're asking this question.........
Original post by 12345F

If you can't insure it, you can't legally drive it on public road.

Ask someone who is insured to drive it (one of your parents?) to test drive it on your behalf with you in the car.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Don't drive without insurance. It's illegal for a reason, and these days the police don't even have to stop you to find out whether or not you're insured, since their cars are equipped with ANPR cameras, so you WILL get caught eventually.
(edited 9 years ago)
Don't do it. The police can easily find out if you're not insured and you could face a driving ban. As someone else has already said they don't need to stop you to find out. Totally not worth the risk.

And let's be honest, driving without insurance is just a bit of a dick move.
Original post by 12345F

You say you have spent a lot of money on driving lessons so far- well that will be a complete waste if you get banned.
For gods sake dont do it. Driving without insurance is illegal for a reason.
Original post by 12345F
I have found car and wanted to drive around at night with a friend but can't insure it yet, what's you guys advice? I've spent a lot of money on lessons so far that's why
If you've passed your test you could buy a cheap moped instead once you've done a cbt.

Quick Reply

Latest