The Student Room Group

Does anyone here have PMDD?

I've just experienced a 45 day menstrual cycle. For around 3 weeks, I had constant back pain, mood swings, crying spells and anxiety and today I had a terrible panic attack which lasted most of the day until my period finally arrived this evening.

I highly suspect I have PMDD and the last few weeks have been utter torture. I've seen a doctor about it today and have a blood test scheduled, but I'm curious as to whether any of you guys have the same thing and how you manage it?
Original post by Anonymous
I've just experienced a 45 day menstrual cycle. For around 3 weeks, I had constant back pain, mood swings, crying spells and anxiety and today I had a terrible panic attack which lasted most of the day until my period finally arrived this evening.

I highly suspect I have PMDD and the last few weeks have been utter torture. I've seen a doctor about it today and have a blood test scheduled, but I'm curious as to whether any of you guys have the same thing and how you manage it?

Moved to health for you :hat2:
Reply 2
I got diagnosed with this when I was 17 which was a good few years ago. My life was a physical and mental nightmare from the day I ovulated until I bled. I tried pills and the implant to try and control it and nothing worked until a good few yrs later I got given a pill called Cerazette. I have been on it for 2 yrs now and I have never looked back. I rarely get any mental and physical problems from an upcoming period now thanks to this. I also only get a period once every few months now which helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest