The Student Room Group

Heartbroken all over again. Feel like crap.

I met this girl from France last year.
She was on a gap year, but there was a strong chance that she would stay for two.
She's the first girl I've ever been interested in, the only one I've loved.
Went out a few times, texted a lot, liked each other, etc...just as things starting to 'accelerate' it all fell apart.
Her plans for a second year didn't work out, and she went back to France. She's since started university there.

So yeah. Sucks. She's gone, that's the past.
She left in early June, and it hurt as hell at first but it got better, to the point where I've laughed and joked about the whole thing with friends. To the point where overcome interested in another girl again.
I got over her.

Then this week, it all came flooding back.
The hurt, anguish, regret, longing, frustration.
I'm not sure why.

Maybe because it's my first bit of time off I've had since she's been gone. I've been working 50+ hours a week, so maybe that helped to distract me.
Or the film I watched the other day, where the guy meets a cute French girl, but can't be with her.
Or perhaps because I've taken an interest in this other girl, it's bringing back memories?

All I know is I'm fed up of feeling like this, and I want it to end.
OP...
GET OVER IT..
You're love sick at the moment, so what?
Life goes on..
It will dissipate, just distract yourself with a whole load of work.
Always works for me, though I rather enjoy it.
Being love sick is a drag but you'll get over it, most likely experience it again with another girl but you'll be stronger.
Such is life mate, she's gone, others will come and go until you find the right one.
Original post by Anonymous
I met this girl from France last year.
She was on a gap year, but there was a strong chance that she would stay for two.
She's the first girl I've ever been interested in, the only one I've loved.
Went out a few times, texted a lot, liked each other, etc...just as things starting to 'accelerate' it all fell apart.
Her plans for a second year didn't work out, and she went back to France. She's since started university there.

So yeah. Sucks. She's gone, that's the past.
She left in early June, and it hurt as hell at first but it got better, to the point where I've laughed and joked about the whole thing with friends. To the point where overcome interested in another girl again.
I got over her.

Then this week, it all came flooding back.
The hurt, anguish, regret, longing, frustration.
I'm not sure why.

Maybe because it's my first bit of time off I've had since she's been gone. I've been working 50+ hours a week, so maybe that helped to distract me.
Or the film I watched the other day, where the guy meets a cute French girl, but can't be with her.
Or perhaps because I've taken an interest in this other girl, it's bringing back memories?

All I know is I'm fed up of feeling like this, and I want it to end.

You went out a "few times" and you think you "loved her".

Get a grip man.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending