The Student Room Group

Religious Studies PGCE Applicants 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheologyBug
Good luck!

Oh hey Rachel!
Interview offers from YSJ, Leeds Trinity and Sheffield Hallam!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by laura.a.c265
Interview offers from YSJ, Leeds Trinity and Sheffield Hallam!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! I'm sure you're over the moon! When are they?
Original post by MedicineBug
Well done! I'm sure you're over the moon! When are they?

December! First one is at York on 3rd, which is good as that's my first choice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got interviews as well, got to do a presentation and also bring an artefact to do the presentation on and link it in with religion.

Sheffield Hallam and Leicester Uni.
Got interviews as well, got to do a presentation and also bring an artefact to do the presentation on and link it in with religion.

Sheffield Hallam and Leicester Uni.

Is your Hallam interview on the 17th?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is your Hallam interview on the 17th?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh, Hallam the 17th at 9am. Unsure what I'm gonna use as the artefact at the moment.
Yh, Hallam the 17th at 9am. Unsure what I'm gonna use as the artefact at the moment.

I had the same date but asked them to move it back. Good Luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

On the upside it's a pretty easy interview, York is mind blowing!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
On the upside it's a pretty easy interview, York is mind blowing!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, could be a lot harder I guess, I think hallam have more places to give away than some unis, but at the same time probably have more applicants
Yeah, could be a lot harder I guess, I think hallam have more places to give away than some unis, but at the same time probably have more applicants

Yeah Hallam has 20 places which is definitely at the higher end of the scale. Just 6 at Leicester!!! Which is your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah Hallam has 20 places which is definitely at the higher end of the scale. Just 6 at Leicester!!! Which is your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, I sort of hope Leicester will take on more people, but I doubt that. Leicester is my first choice and then Sheffield Hallam, but i've come to terms with how competitive it will be to get into Leicester already. What about you?
I know, I sort of hope Leicester will take on more people, but I doubt that. Leicester is my first choice and then Sheffield Hallam, but i've come to terms with how competitive it will be to get into Leicester already. What about you?

York, they have 15 but judging from the 9-5 interview day it's pretty competitive. Probably because it's a strong place for RE/Theology etc at undergrad and people want to stay in the area I guess. After that Leeds and Sheffield 3rd...it's a bit further South than I really want but seems nice

Posted from TSR Mobile

Although I keep hearing about people getting on to RE PGCE courses with random degrees and I have a first in RS and Philosophy so I hope that counts for something :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Although I keep hearing about people getting on to RE PGCE courses with random degrees and I have a first in RS and Philosophy so I hope that counts for something :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, you would hope that an actual degree on the subject would mean you have a greater advantage of getting on the course. My last choice is the East Midlands Partnership place and they only have 2 places available and they haven't contacted me back yet at all!!! driving my crazy!
I know, you would hope that an actual degree on the subject would mean you have a greater advantage of getting on the course. My last choice is the East Midlands Partnership place and they only have 2 places available and they haven't contacted me back yet at all!!! driving my crazy!

I applied initially for York, Leeds and Sheffield but substituted Leeds for a School Direct with 2 places (long story). Leeds offered me an interview anyway but still not a word from the SD place! I think it might be because it's accredited by York though and they are waiting to see how that goes maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My friend heard back from her scitt place within a day of applying! Just frustrating having to wait because some are really quick, while others like to take their time.
Yh that would make sense, because if York like you and want you, you may get an interview for School Direct then?
Just got an email from Bristol Uni for an interview :smile:

How did this go? Good Luck for today, my first one is tomorrow and I haven't slept a wink thinking about it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did this go? Good Luck for today, my first one is tomorrow and I haven't slept a wink thinking about it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha, only just saw this - thanks so much! I thought it went quite well but I could be deceiving myself! How did your interview go?
haha, only just saw this - thanks so much! I thought it went quite well but I could be deceiving myself! How did your interview go?

Haha same! I don't think I could have done any more put it that way. Happy with how my lesson went which was the worst part. Just the waiting game again now! Have you any idea when they'll let you know?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending