Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Thought I would make this thread as there is not one for Edexcel Exam 2015!
    Feel free to talk about any aspects of A2 Biology

Here are some notes for Unit 4 and Unit 5 (by the way these not my notes these were uploaded by "the assassin" )
    Amazing notes!
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf TOPIC 5.pdf (906.6 KB, 5440 views)
  2. File Type: pdf Topic 7.pdf (796.8 KB, 4544 views)
  3. Attached Files
  4. File Type: docx BOLOGY Unit_4 NEW_Revision_Notes.docx (652.3 KB, 6648 views)

ReputationRep:
    And definitions ... as you will need to know them
    Attached Files
  5. File Type: docx the definitions.docx (23.8 KB, 2729 views)

ReputationRep:
    :bump:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaryamI)
    :bump:
    Its way too early for a thread for this but anyways good luck to everyone!

A great tip: Don't forget to consult the examiners reports. They are filled with tips and common pitfalls and how to avoid them. They really helped me for this exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalBlue7)
    Its way too early for a thread for this but anyways good luck to everyone!

A great tip: Don't forget to consult the examiners reports. They are filled with tips and common pitfalls and how to avoid them. They really helped me for this exam
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    BUMP!
    How're mocks etc. going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cerlohee)
    BUMP!
    How're mocks etc. going?
    Good so far
    Have had my mocks back in Oct

We are doing topic 7 now
    What about you guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mary562)
    Hi everyone,

Thought I would make this thread as there is not one for Edexcel Exam 2015!
    Feel free to talk about any aspects of A2 Biology

Here are some notes for Unit 4 and Unit 5 (by the way these not my notes these were uploaded by "the assassin" )
    Amazing notes!
    These look great. Biology is pretty much sorted then . Anyone done the coursework?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TajwarC)
    These look great. Biology is pretty much sorted then . Anyone done the coursework?
    Yes indeed.
    Nope - I have started but not finished it
    What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Yes indeed.
    Nope - I have started but not finished it
    What about you?
    I'm still a little bit confused as to how it even works. We're going on a field trip (£175 I will miss very much, genuinely would not have taken the subject if I knew about this ) to collect data about organisms or something. Are you doing the same? I have a bad feeling that I will flop it as it's on ecology and I hate that stuff with a passion...

ReputationRep:
    I'm still a little bit confused as to how it even works. We're going on a field trip (£175 I will miss very much, genuinely would not have taken the subject if I knew about this ) to collect data about organisms or something. Are you doing the same? I have a bad feeling that I will flop it as it's on ecology and I hate that stuff with a passion...
    :eek: We also went on a field trip but it didn't cost us anything. It was for us to get an idea of what to base our coursework on
    Wish you the best with it, just don't stress about it
    My coursework is different, it's to do with memory.
    Don't feel that way - You have to first try and motivate yourself to love that topic and that's how you become good at it.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: We also went on a field trip but it didn't cost us anything. It was for us to get an idea of what to base our coursework on
    Wish you the best with it, just don't stress about it
    My coursework is different, it's to do with memory.
    Don't feel that way - You have to first try and motivate yourself to love that topic and that's how you become good at it.
    Thank you Although finding out that people do it on things other than ecology does really annoy me, I question why my school is so extra sometimes :mad:. How far are you into 6BI05? I always need to ask these kind of questions because my school is strange sometimes when it comes to the order of teaching and how quickly they do it

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Although finding out that people do it on things other than ecology does really annoy me, I question why my school is so extra sometimes :mad:. How far are you into 6BI05? I always need to ask these kind of questions because my school is strange sometimes when it comes to the order of teaching and how quickly they do it
    You're welcome
    Yes some can be like that. We're on the bit about muscles and how they contract (myosin and actin etc)
    It's okay feel free to
    Insha'Allah we all get through this because in A2 there is a so much to learn and remember

ReputationRep:
    yaeh i did this course last year and hated but i came out with an A so i can't complain but these are all the resources that i used and i have some books, revision guides and hand written notes if anybody wants them if anybody wants these contact me you can have them for free just have to pay the delivery charge
    Biology Unit 4.pptx
    Topic 6 (1).pptx
    Topic 7 and 8.pdf
    Unit 4 notes.pdf
    Unit 5 EEC.ppt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That_Clever_Guy)
    yaeh i did this course last year and hated but i came out with an A so i can't complain but these are all the resources that i used and i have some books, revision guides and hand written notes if anybody wants them if anybody wants these contact me you can have them for free just have to pay the delivery charge
    Biology Unit 4.pptx
    Topic 6 (1).pptx
    Topic 7 and 8.pdf
    Unit 4 notes.pdf
    Unit 5 EEC.ppt
    Thank you for sharing

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome
    Yes some can be like that. We're on the bit about muscles and how they contract (myosin and actin etc)
    It's okay feel free to
    Insha'Allah we all get through this because in A2 there is a so much to learn and remember
    Insha'Allah . Although I'm finding A2 easier than AS strangely enough.

ReputationRep:
    Has any one got any coursworks for A2 that they would be willing to share? I am having problems structuring mine and could use a few examples just to get my head around it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steam)
    Has any one got any coursworks for A2 that they would be willing to share? I am having problems structuring mine and could use a few examples just to get my head around it!
    What do you want to do your coursework on? i.e. plants etc

ReputationRep:
    What do you want to do your coursework on? i.e. plants etc
    I had planed a blood pressure one but my teacher said now, then I tried a ecology one, again my teacher said no (this time because it was close to a class investigation he had planed for us that we hadn't done yet)
    So now I don't know!

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys get the course work assessment criteria sheet? If not I could post that for you, that's what I base my structure around anyway, just follow it and make sure I hit each point.. In terms of mocks ran out of time in Biology so will have lost out on easy marks on the last two questions, Chemistry went well and Maths went pretty turd because my identity knowledge is bad right now..

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.