The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A2 Practical Investigation Help?! Rubbish Results!

Hi guys,

A week or so ago, I did my OCR Physics Practical Investigation in class, and spent the whole day investigating how changing the initial drop height of a wooden sphere effects the depth that it then reaches underwater. Whilst doing the experiment, I used a video camera to record all of the results so that I didn't have to take an eye reading instantaneously - and then I could review the results back later too. However, whilst doing the experiment I had a few problems etc, and so I kept having to change methods and start the experiment over and stuff. Basically, in the end I only had one set of results that matched the trend - the others were either 50% outliers, or the results were incomplete!! What do I do?! Use what I have and explain it? Or repeat the experiment at home and just replace the results? Or Make them up?! Need serious help guys and girls! I'm panicking!
I'm assuming you haven't got the option to redo the experiment? If not, see if your physics teacher will allow it.

Should it fail, you have to ensure that your interpretation is based on the results that "you" have come across. Because whilst the results are wrong you can gain marks for interpretation, calculating of error, evaluation etc.

Quick Reply

Latest