sabi06
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
i am writing my tok essay outline for the 2015 titles and i chose the question on how shared knowledge can shape personal knowledge.

One of my counter arguments is about innate behaviours and that inherited behaviours are fixed and free of social influence and therefore its unaffected by shared knowledge.

my second counterargument is that shared knowledge, in a certain way, achives "authority" as more people ascribe to particular aspects of knowledge and therefore we rely on it even though it could be false knowledge and we may be incorporating this false knowledge into our personal knowledge......im not sure if this is a strong counterargument.
I dont know how to respond to any of my counter argument

HELP!

thanks
rukki
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I guess for the first one maybe bring up what is meant by knowledge in the question ( have you defined it in context of your essay) because then you could use the rebuttal of how innate behavior is determined by genetics and genetic code which preserves and shares knowledge down generations? Hahah, it feels like a stretch but TOK is TOK. Literally frazzles my brain if i spend too long on it! Also doing my essay but mines on the passive observation active experimentation question I hope this helped?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (178)
58.55%
I don't have everything I need (126)
41.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed