Does anyone have any really effective ways to revise ?

Watch
jasminexx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm studying as level , psychology , English language , sociology and law and I was wondering if anyone had any good ways to revise x
KA1995
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My way of revising was to read my notes, summarise them onto a powerpoint/paper, do some past questions and then go over the questions I got wrong with my notes. Different things work for different people though
DebkoX
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you have consistent access to a computer or table and can use word. Write up all your notes in a well-presented manner and then re-write resources in your own words

Posted from TSR Mobile
aaron133
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I did psychology, sociology, law and biology last year and i found different techniques beneficial for different subject

Psychology: summarise everything, especially evaluation, in each topic down to1 piece of A4. I found it helpful to sometimes just bullet point key words. After you've summarised everything in a topic, print off all the past papers possible and do every single exam question you can on that topic.

Law: i found it helpful just highlighting key words and then covering up my notes and writing them out (in bullet points) onto a separate piece of paper. After, i would write an essay on that topic a few times

Sociology: i didn't really revise for this, i found it boring so I didn't really bother. The only thing I would do was highlight key words, phrases and studies like an hour before the exam. I was so shocked when I opened my exams results to find I got an A, genuinely expected to fail

I don't any advise for English, sorry. Hope this helps!
chloelou1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I do the same subjects except Law and got AAA at AS.
For Psych and Socio I copied, summarised and re-copied from memory my notes using colour, mindmaps, powerpoints etc. I found it helpful to make a mass mind map for each topic and colour code it
For English I think the only way is to make sure you fully understand a range of linguistic theories for each topic and then just keep practicing essay questions. When it gets closer to the exam do at least 2 mock essays a week and give them to your teacher to mark and get feedback.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions feel free to message me!
Chloe
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (35)
15.15%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (70)
30.3%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (28)
12.12%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (20)
8.66%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (13)
5.63%
I think it's an unfair expectation (62)
26.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.3%

Watched Threads