Does anyone have any really effective ways to revise ? Watch

jasminexx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm studying as level , psychology , English language , sociology and law and I was wondering if anyone had any good ways to revise x
KA1995
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My way of revising was to read my notes, summarise them onto a powerpoint/paper, do some past questions and then go over the questions I got wrong with my notes. Different things work for different people though
DebkoX
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you have consistent access to a computer or table and can use word. Write up all your notes in a well-presented manner and then re-write resources in your own words

Posted from TSR Mobile
aaron133
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did psychology, sociology, law and biology last year and i found different techniques beneficial for different subject

Psychology: summarise everything, especially evaluation, in each topic down to1 piece of A4. I found it helpful to sometimes just bullet point key words. After you've summarised everything in a topic, print off all the past papers possible and do every single exam question you can on that topic.

Law: i found it helpful just highlighting key words and then covering up my notes and writing them out (in bullet points) onto a separate piece of paper. After, i would write an essay on that topic a few times

Sociology: i didn't really revise for this, i found it boring so I didn't really bother. The only thing I would do was highlight key words, phrases and studies like an hour before the exam. I was so shocked when I opened my exams results to find I got an A, genuinely expected to fail

I don't any advise for English, sorry. Hope this helps!
chloelou1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I do the same subjects except Law and got AAA at AS.
For Psych and Socio I copied, summarised and re-copied from memory my notes using colour, mindmaps, powerpoints etc. I found it helpful to make a mass mind map for each topic and colour code it
For English I think the only way is to make sure you fully understand a range of linguistic theories for each topic and then just keep practicing essay questions. When it gets closer to the exam do at least 2 mock essays a week and give them to your teacher to mark and get feedback.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions feel free to message me!
Chloe
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (72)
7.74%
I used to but I don't now (26)
2.8%