Advice on choosing a university/course?? Watch

Spud97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Sooo, I am applying to uni for 2015 entry and looking at Chester, Leeds Beckett, Lincoln, Northumbria and Manchester Metropolitan but I haven't decided which one to be my firm choice, so I was wondering if any current students could give me info on what it's like, accommodation, night life, cost of living etc?

The next question is the course!!
I'm interested in doing Law but I feel that I'm too stupid to carry it onto HE and don't know if I have the mentality to do it at degree level.
My other options are Events Management, Journalism and something Business related so I was wondering if students doing any of these subjects could tell me what they're like, if it's enjoyable and graduate prospects?

sorry if this seems to waffle on a bit and thanks in advance for any responses
KA1995
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, I'm at Lincoln so I can give you a bit of info about that one..

1) The Uni is a campus one so everything is really close together, the town is close and the castle/cathedral is absolutely stunning, especially at night. I also have found it very friendly and welcoming, get involved in as much as you can and you'll meet loads of great people.
2) Accommodation is lovely, there's about 5 different sets of student accommodation to chose from. They're all really close to the uni, a good size and I feel they're good value for money. I'm hoping to stay in mine again next year!
3) Nightlife wise there's the Engine Shed on campus where most of the Uni based events are held, there's a student night there every week. If you go into the city there's quite a few good clubs, there's quite often theme nights/foam parties etc.
4) I personally have found the cost of living very reasonable, I manage with a student loan and a part time job, but obviously this could be different for you, you'll have to look into how much you'd be spending a week.

I can't help with those subjects but I would advise attending an open day and speaking to someone on the law/business degrees, they'd be more than happy to offer advise
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39.05%
No - but I will (46)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.54%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (315)
46.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise