Any PhD students that have applied in Medicine and have been accepted??! Watch

LilaKas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey there!
Are there any PhD students out there who have applied to Medical Schools and gotten accepted? Edinburgh has just turned down my application as overqualified and I am kinda freaking out!
ForestCat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LilaKas)
Hey there!
Are there any PhD students out there who have applied to Medical Schools and gotten accepted? Edinburgh has just turned down my application as overqualified and I am kinda freaking out!
There is a girl on my graduate entry course that was halfway through her PhD so it's definitely possible.

I don't see how you can be over qualified.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LilaKas
Rep:
?
And that makes perfect sense. What they said was that at the time of admission I will have completed my PhD and it wouldn't be fair to other applicants if they would consider me. I have NO idea seriously, I just hope that the rest of the universities won't consider my application on the same grounds as Ed did. At which university did you do your degree?
PS Thank you for the info!
ForestCat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
And that makes perfect sense. What they said was that at the time of admission I will have completed my PhD and it wouldn't be fair to other applicants if they would consider me. I have NO idea seriously, I just hope that the rest of the universities won't consider my application on the same grounds as Ed did. At which university did you do your degree?
PS Thank you for the info!
Maybe that is because they are an undergraduate programme. Graduate programmes tend to be very welcoming of further qualifications. But seeing as research is considered very important in Medicine, and plays a large part the more senior you become, I can't see how turning you away is of any benefit. I hope your other choices have more sense.
LilaKas
Rep:
?
Thanks for your help! I will just wait and see what happens!
topgear1987
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey there!

That is a rough deal you have. I don't know of anyone personally but I do know there are PhD students who go on afterwards to study medicine.

Good luck with the rest of your applications man.
LilaKas
Rep:
?
Thanks, we ll see what happens. Can't do much at this stage just try to finish up with the phd and wait pretty much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (125)
39.06%
No - but I will (17)
5.31%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (158)
49.38%

Watched Threads