Which one should I pre-order? Watch

_Dreamville_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I can either pre-order Far Cry 4 or Assassin's Creed Unity, both on PS4. Which one should I pre-order? I've seen trailers and gameplays of both games but I'm undecided as to which I should pre-order. I will be getting the other at a later date anyway. Which one has (if any) the better pre-order bonuses and which one do you prefer and why? I'm also looking to get both games with their cheapest editions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
borysek01
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Neither. Don't pre-order games. Why pay for something you haven't even seen yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
_Dreamville_
Rep:
?
(Original post by borysek01)
Neither. Don't pre-order games. Why pay for something you haven't even seen yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why buy it if I've already seen it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ZSHNZ)
I can either pre-order Far Cry 4 or Assassin's Creed Unity, both on PS4. Which one should I pre-order? I've seen trailers and gameplays of both games but I'm undecided as to which I should pre-order. I will be getting the other at a later date anyway. Which one has (if any) the better pre-order bonuses and which one do you prefer and why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm with borysek. Don't bother pre-ordering games, I tend to wait a few months after they're released so that they don't cost too much.
RF_PineMarten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by borysek01)

Posted from TSR Mobile
The only games I ever pre ordered were Pokemon Diamond and Pearl that came out back in 2007. I knew I wanted it for a long time before it got released, pre-ordering it so I got it as soon as it came out was helpful. If you know you want the game pre-ordering it is a perfectly sensible thing to do.
_Dreamville_
Rep:
?
(Original post by RFowler)
The only games I ever pre ordered were Pokemon Diamond and Pearl that came out back in 2007. I knew I wanted it for a long time before it got released, pre-ordering it so I got it as soon as it came out was helpful. If you know you want the game pre-ordering it is a perfectly sensible thing to do.
I know I'm going to get them both, at full price. But I just need to know which one I should be getting first as I can't make my mind up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
somemightsay888
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would never pre order a Ubisoft game, they make the same game again and again. Wait for the reviews and see if either game really takes advantage of the extra power
_Dreamville_
Rep:
?
(Original post by somemightsay888)
I would never pre order a Ubisoft game, they make the same game again and again. Wait for the reviews and see if either game really takes advantage of the extra power
Far Cry is an amazing series and isn't recycled, whereas AC I can understand but I'm not sure whether they have made amends from the past few versions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
somemightsay888
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Far Cry is the same large map fps with violent difficulty spikes. They change around a few trees and voila, its a whole new game. If you're set on pre ordering then go for Far Cry as it tends to get more consistent critical reception
_Dreamville_
Rep:
?
(Original post by somemightsay888)
Far Cry is the same large map fps with violent difficulty spikes. They change around a few trees and voila, its a whole new game. If you're set on pre ordering then go for Far Cry as it tends to get more consistent critical reception
But elephants

Posted from TSR Mobile
FOXDIE
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Neither; unless you have some undying need to play them asap when they a released. But since it's ubisoft games I wouldn't bother. I mean it's not like MGS or something
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ZSHNZ)
Far Cry is an amazing series and isn't recycled, whereas AC I can understand but I'm not sure whether they have made amends from the past few versions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's also never had a sequel come out within 24 months of it's predecessor. Typically there have been 4 year gaps. I'm expecting more recycling on FC4 than any of the other games we've seen so far.

Personally, I'm dead excited for it! :yep:
Bubzeh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Will Mommy only pay for one?
indigobluesss
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
save your money and download League of Legends
_Dreamville_
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bubzeh)
Will Mommy only pay for one?
I'm actually paying for it myself, I only have enough disposable income for one game at the moment, and I don't like playing two campaigns at once either.

(Original post by R Dragon)
save your money and download League of Legends
I'm okay, thanks for the suggestion.

(Original post by mikeyd85)
It's also never had a sequel come out within 24 months of it's predecessor. Typically there have been 4 year gaps. I'm expecting more recycling on FC4 than any of the other games we've seen so far.

Personally, I'm dead excited for it! :yep:
Yeah, good point, still looks really good and the characters are always great and memorable. Who could ever forget Vaas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ZSHNZ)
Yeah, good point, still looks really good and the characters are always great and memorable. Who could ever forget Vaas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
True dat. I think that it being on the same engine as FC3 will have cut dev time tbh. Vaas is probably my favourite bad guy in a game yet. Truly exceptional character. :yep:
indigobluesss
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ZSHNZ)
I'm okay, thanks for the suggestion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel compelled to ask: what is it about League that people seem to dislike?
_Dreamville_
Rep:
?
(Original post by R Dragon)
I feel compelled to ask: what is it about League that people seem to dislike?
I never said I disliked it, just not a fan of hardcore MMO's

Posted from TSR Mobile
AlohaCharlotte
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd go for AC (personal preference) with the new features (yay for actual stealth system and seamless interiors) and the storyline it seems to be setting up for a VERY interesting game... I shall be getting a copy for Christmas.
Potally_Tissed
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Both?

Going to wait until they're out and there are some reviews and make sure they live up to expectations, but I'll probably just buy both sooner or later.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (442)
37.81%
No - but I will (88)
7.53%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.82%

Watched Threads