Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I'm probably the last person you'd expect to hear this from. I NEVER fall out with people but my friend has really started doing my head in...it's hard to explain so I'll just post my rant from last night to elaborate...

love my friends, I really do but is it wrong to feel let down and sad when your friend (who is a model may I add) says "Oh I can't next week I'm going to a party."
    So you ask innocently, "Who's party?"

to which she replies "You're not invited!"

"Well, I wasn't asking but seeing as you pointed it out...why?"

"It's a champagne, bikini strip twister party. It's Alan's you don't know him."

"i just talked to him in the pub.. and I wasn't implying I wanted to be invited"

"Well, yeah you don't feel comfortable stripping off anyway.....he's only asked me and a few other girls."

I wouldn't have minded if, she hadn't just spent 10 minutes talking to him about how he is going to drive her around in his new Porsche and take her shopping for a pair of Manolos, when I spent 20 minutes talking to him about nice, normal non-gold digging stuff.

I also resent it when she says,

"God, don't you just hate cellulite. Sorry it's just I know I can talk to you about it"

"I don't have any Vicky."

"What?! I have it, so someone like you HAS to have it"

yeah, like it's not enough she "forgot" to phone me to ask me to go to this guy Ashley's house. Just because he's the sole heir to a multi-million pound fortune and proffesional rally driver and just happened to fancy me...

I mean, I know she doesn't mean to do it. But I have to say, if I spent an hour a week on a sunbed, every night cleansing, toning and moisturising. Eating lettuce leaves and moaning about how fat my arse is, I could certainly give her a run for her money.

I love the girl to pieces but I hate her mum for putting into her brain the only two things that matter in this world are rich men and size 8 beauties. I mean get over yourself already.

She's ****ed up one friendship that we had with this guy called Tom. Posh Tom even though he's neither rich nor posh, he is a genuinley lovely bloke. Whenever we walked into the pub he'd buy us drinks and sit and chat to us, and just because she "NEEDED" to have sex (Hey babe I've been abstinent for 6 months and I don't think mine's closed up. Deal with it) she slept with him then ignored him. Tonight I beckoned him over he looked at her, looked at me and mouthed "No ****ing way".

I mean where else could I find a 20 year old guy who had a general love of Finding Nemo, Dire Straits and The La's. Where would I find anybody to talk to who even know who "The La's" were?

It makes me so angry at times, she goes on about her inheritance (A few £100,000's coming to her because her dad was murdered) and boasts about her "Champagne and Cocaine" nights out. Which are *******s.

She is histronic with a capital, jewel incrusted H.

I mean don't get me wrong, I love her. It's not that I would mind, but I always used to be in the limelight and now it's a bit hard taking second place.

I don't even get the brunt of it, poor old Jennie who's gorgeous but a size 18 and has a boyfriend, the amount of time's she has been literally "pushed" out of a car by Vicky while she takes me off trying to score is ridiculous. She was crying to me tonight and ****ging Vicky off (Which is a FIRST in 6 years) because she's been made to feel excluded.

It infuriates me. I asked Vicky to come to Reading with me for my birthday. She said no "Everybody would be dirty and smelly". She refuses to go to Camden "Everybody is a stupid grunger, I'd get bored besides there isn't any designer shops"

I mean I honest to god, swear she's only like this 1% of the time. 99% of the time she's fine. But to be told that I can't come to a party because I'm either a) not pretty enough or b) not skinny enough or c) not loose enough makes me soooooooo cross.

She threw a strop the other night because I got chatted up and bought a drink by the guy she was trying to get a drink off, she then snatched it drank half and then demanded I buy her a drink (I didn't)

She made me buy a drink tonight for her. Feeling nice I did and then she buggered off and left me in the stinking **** hole Red Lion while she chatted to Dean and Baggy. My mum had just done her tax return for her and that's the thanks I get!?!

*Growls* Sorry if I'm boring you, but I'm just sick of being thought of by her as her "slightly podgy friend" and how irate she gets if I get the attention and she doesn't.

Ok...so what do you think!??!?!
    She's coming over with everybody else (who are also pissed with her) and I don't want it to end in tears tonight!

ReputationRep:
    Thats horrible! Sit her down and tell her!

Id never take her out if thats the way she acted that way. What you could do is find a girlfriend who you trust to go out looking for guys, that way you wont have her stealing your guys or trying like mad to stand you up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Thats horrible! Sit her down and tell her!

Id never take her out if thats the way she acted that way. What you could do is find a girlfriend who you trust to go out looking for guys, that way you wont have her stealing your guys or trying like mad to stand you up.
    The only thing is she's only like this very occasionally.

This is 12 years worth of aggression pent up.
    So I dunno, I'll just sing the streets at her if she acts us.

#I'm not trying to pull you,
    even though I would like to,
    I think that you're really fit,
    you're fit,
    but by gosh don't you know it!#

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)

I mean don't get me wrong, I love her.
    Why? She sounds like a complete *****. You said she's only like this 1% of the time, but it's enough to ruin other friendships, make you feel down etc.

Just forget to call her again and stick to your real friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sashh)
    Why? She sounds like a complete *****. You said she's only like this 1% of the time, but it's enough to ruin other friendships, make you feel down etc.

Just forget to call her again and stick to your real friends
    Slightly hard because basically I'm like her sister.
    I'm the only person that she feels close to and she lives round my house. I mean it sounds really bad, however when I wrote that when I was really drunk.
    I only inferred it in a way to be like that because my own self confidence is such.

I just feel I should drop a hint being her closest friend.
    She gets no attention at home, her brother is the wonder boy and her mum never wanted her anyway (she was adopted because her dad wanted a girl and then her dad left and died).
    And I really care and worry about her, but she just gets sooo annoying at times.
    I want to appreciate her because we're moving away in a few months and I won't see her so often.

ReputationRep:
    uve probs just got 2 explain 2 her that everyone's starting to resent her for the way she's acting. just be her mate through it and tell her that she doesnt act fair and other ppl are getting really upset by what she's saying and doing. just coz she's a model she shouldnt exclude other friends coz everyone's special in some way.
    ive been friends with this girl for almost 8years and she used 2 put me down to other ppl so i just let her no that it wasnt fair. i just told her that it wasnt fair for her to put me down for any reason and after that we were all ok!!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    You explain to her that models are just clothes horses. God I hate it when the emphasis is drawn away from the garment!

ReputationRep:
    I was angry with my friend, I told my wrath, my wrath did end.

ReputationRep:
    William Blake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    William Blake?
    Yes, A Poison Tree.

ReputationRep:
    i thought so.

ReputationRep:
    Models are generally pricks in one way or another, and they are psycho. Especially ones that just do a bit of catalogue work and nothing else.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I would stand back and watch the show. Until she falls flat on her face that is.

ReputationRep:
    this cow seems like a sponge to me, she shopuldnt boast how she has now got £1000,000 pound because ehr dad was murdered she is totally a sponge (cant find another word) does she even pay rent for living at your house? and she should be rich *TUT* begging for drinks when she has inheritence from her dad, by the way what does she look like??? sounds beautiful but a personality like a b*itch

ReputationRep:
    well if you are moving, your relationship is going to change quite a bit so as you do want to carry on with this now is a good time to change things.

It's not your fault she's out of favour at home and you have no responsibility to her, even if she does feel like a sister but if you want to stay friends things will have to change. Is she the kind of person you can sit down and talk to? Could you write down a few things and say - look i love you but sometimes you make me so mad ?

I think you are goinf to have to have a long talk with her, you can't just ignore her behaviour. And just having 'the chat' could change things.

How well do you get on with your mum? Could you tell her about all this? Or do you have another friend who could sit her down for 'the chat' so it's not you who getrs the flak. Cowardly I know, but this is real life and we are all cowards at times.

Have a good think about you - just what do you get out of this friendship? If the answer is nothing then have a good think about whether it is a friendship at all.

ReputationRep:
    My first line would be..

'I'd love to talk, but your a total *****.'

Adam

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.