Patronising friends Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have been away since Friday visiting family and some friends have been messaging on Facebook about a day trip we were planning for this weekend. I have not had good signal in Wales which most of the time was GPRS so I could not read the internet. 2 of these friends knew I was going away and I got a sarcastic text from the one friend last night saying that this guy 'beat me to it' for looking up places to go. She then put in the thread thanks for his suggestion as he had put in the thread he was awaiting mine and another friend's reply.

I then replied to the whole group saying I had been away and could not access the internet and would have looked if I had access. I don't know why they are being so sarcastic. I have struggled recently as I work full time so work has been manic, am doing an evening class and a distance learning course and would have looked for these places if I had signal as we still had 6 days until the trip. I feel like they are throwing it back in my face because I am busy and not staring at my phone all day.
Tarte Tatin
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ignore them; you don't need friends like that.
somemightsay888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You're being oversensitive, it's a bit of sarcasm. They haven't threatened to kill your pets and cook them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.78%
No - but I will (98)
7.7%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (606)
47.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise