The Student Room Group

Should there be more unisex toilets?

I certainly don't see why not. If you can't handle someone of the opposite sex going to toilet in the same room as you then you should probably grow up.

Scroll to see replies

Do we actually need more unisex toilets? There is little point in having more of them just for the sake of it. There should only be more of them if people want more of them - but I doubt they do.
Reply 2
No, there shouldn't. Simple.
Reply 3
Most men aren't comfortable going to the same toilet as a women and vice versa therefore there is no market nor need for a unisex toilet. Emotions aren't right or wrong, they're just reactions.
In my school the unisex toilets are now always locked unless you get a key if desparately needed.

This is because there were a pair of students who had sex in the unisex toilet
TIL that i should grow up :moon:
There is a unisex toilet in my college, and it's disgusting. The floor is always wet...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Arkasia
No, there shouldn't. Simple.

A compelling argument.
Reply 8
Original post by Miladrises
In my school the unisex toilets are now always locked unless you get a key if desparately needed.

This is because there were a pair of students who had sex in the unisex toilet

Far more disgusting things happen in toilets than sex. Like crapping, for example
Reply 9
Original post by KingBradly
A compelling argument.

A stupid answer for a stupid question.
Reply 10
Original post by Arkasia
A stupid answer for a stupid question.

You're just too wise for me Arkasia.
Original post by KingBradly
You're just too wise for me Arkasia.

Seems fairly pointless.

These's certain factors like in night clubs, for instance, most people piss, so the blokes will be out of there quickly, so therefore there's going to be less men's toilets, but there might be a couple more women's toilets because they all have to sit down. Women are also notoriously known for spending ages in the toilet in clubs, people I knew at uni would take selfies and put them on Facebook later. I think it's a good way of managing resources, otherwise you'd end up with loads of women in there while men who are in for half a second before leaving have to wait ages to piss.

There's probably similar uses of logic in other fields.

It's important to remember it's because they're designed for hordes of men and women. The men's never gets full got long. Cubicles do, but not urinals, people finish quicker. There's probably other reasons like discouraging sex in toilets, to a lesser extent discouraging sexual assault when people have to expose themselves, i.e. when you get your nob out while there being loads of the opposite sex and they touch it or you hit them with it, or perhaps a gang rape.
(edited 9 years ago)
Nah, people need privacy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Absolutely ****ing not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hell no, there shouldn't be any in the first place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow, people on this thread are so Victorian. What happened to destroying gender roles? This is why the UK has fallen out of the top 20 most gender equal countries for the first time ever. You're all too old fashioned for the equality needed to survive in the 21st century.
Original post by TroyAndAbed
Wow, people on this thread are so Victorian. What happened to destroying gender roles? This is why the UK has fallen out of the top 20 most gender equal countries for the first time ever. You're all too old fashioned for the equality needed to survive in the 21st century.

Yeah, they're too Victorian, let's get virtual toilets instead!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yeah dude
Yeah, they're too Victorian, let's get virtual toilets instead!!!!

Too bloody right. Unisex virtual toilets would get the UK back to its ranking as the #1 most gender equal country whilst saving the economy.
Original post by TroyAndAbed
Too bloody right. Unisex virtual toilets would get the UK back to its ranking as the #1 most gender equal country whilst saving the economy.

I'll find that my USA will be no 1 for dat, we do got virtual nachos for both genders

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending